And now we see why all the Losi 8ight 2.0s have been on sale.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
and now we know why all the Losi 8ight 2.0 kits have been on sale lately...Introducing the Losi 8ight 3.0!

Todd Hodge and Adam Drake talk about the 8IGHT 3.0.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woqvthALOCQ"]Team Losi Racing 1/8 8IGHT 3.0 Buggy Kit - YouTube[/ame]

And for the average driver, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the new one and the 2.0. This is just like Kyosho V-one-r's or Mugen MTX's. They keep upgrading the model but unless you are a professional driver, it's not going to perform any better than the last model.

i wonder what the price tag is gonna be?looks sweet though.but ya'll are right the average joe won't be able to tell the difference.

There's been much hype about this one for a while now, I'm in the 'meh' camp... I love when new models come out and all the guys with deep pockets race to retailers to snap them all up or even pre-order. Like already mentioned, it makes the previous versions much more affordable for the rest of us. At least at all other retailers than my LHS's, they'll keep charging full price on old stock even if they have it for the next 4 years. One of the LHSs has a CRT.5(non 'pro' kit) already assembled with a junk Force .12 and no electronics 'on sale' for $350.00!! You can buy the same kit with a Picco engine, and a spare extended chassis conversion kit from the ofna warehouse for $135.00 shipped LMAO.

Anyways, I digress. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a good used 2.0 on the cheap. :)

Yep, looks just like the 2.0, but I am not complaining. It makes the older versions more affordable for the rest of us. :D

How would this compare to say the Kyosho 777 or MP9? Or is Kyosho basically out of the game at this point?

I don't know anything about the Losi eight but pictures of the 3.0 I have seen look like they followed the Team Dulrango style of design. Looks like they have quick change diffs and the hinge pins/front bulk design looks very similar too.

Back