An RCers winter?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Since RC can sometimes be a pain to run in cold weather, snow, unbearably cold weather, and ice keeps us inside it can be boring at times..

So what do you all do RC related or not during the winter to keep your self busy for that looong(at least it seems long) winter?

mostly just rebuild the rides. this year i'll be doing the VRC nitrotalk club races

Put the paddles on and hit it hard, that is when it does snow, but none the less, paddles make great fun with all the rain and mud I see here.

If that isn't enough I'll start taking up indoor helicopters.

I run my small block rigs in the winter... when it's below 30F, then I play with my micro-t... but I bought that this season, so last year I just sat by the window and looked sad.

I will try to get a handle on "Midnight" by Joe Satriani.

And I race my 1/10th touring car indoors.

I can usually run nitro all year long.

It depends on where you live. If you're really an addict, spend your winters in Hawaii.
Other than that, check into the VRC club for indoor running in any kind of weather.

I will try to get a handle on "Midnight" by Joe Satriani.

Get a handle?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVLuxZUmO0A"]YouTube - Masterclass Joe Satriani - Midnight[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGNj34GSjs4&mode=related&search="]YouTube - Joe Satriani - Midnight[/ame]

Some of the best guitar I've ever heard.

Since winter here lasts forever, I have plenty of time. So usually I'll run the rides now and again. But mostly I strip them down to the chassis and give them a good thorough clean and polish. And I spend a lot of time painting. I have a lot more time in the winter to spend on churning out bodies. Plus I should be in the VRC league by then so that will keep me busy.

i run my rc18t. but i can run the savage in the winter here i think. so ill give it a try this winter

I'm starting with it broken down in to parts, and so far I'm getting pretty good. It's actually not as hard as you would think. I'm having more trouble with Satch boogie. The hardest part is getting that soft touch of his.

Good luck!

I bought my Kyosho Blizzard specifically for running in the snow. Unfortunately, I forgot to factor in that I hate the cold, so it mostly only gets run, when the spring rains flood the yard.

But, anyway.... I have model trains, and slot cars for the indoor stuff.

I guess I'm lucky here, there's a couple of indoor tracks that run nitro in the winter.

Around here there is two tracks one of them really dislike nitro people..
And the other is shut down.

Any ways I'm not much of a track person but I still thought it was kinda fun to run a few laps!

I may have to find me a mid winter RC project or grab me a Rc18t to mess around with indoors!

Last edited:
We used to have an indoor 18th scale track, but that has closed up. So when winter hits.. it is time to break the rigs down, clean them and replace any broken or worn parts. Then I set them on the shelf and stare at them until spring. Winters are not real harsh here, so when the temps creep up into the 50's I am out there in the driveway. Any colder than that and I am breaking parts and freezing my arse off!

Back