Amazon Prime Air Prototype

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing

Amazon has talked about wanting to use drones to deliver packages for a while now and now Amazon has released their first prototype. The Prime Air drones will be capable of shipping packages up to 5 pounds. The drones currently fly under 400 feet and weigh less than 55 pounds. The drones will also be equipped with special technology that allows them to detect and avoid all aerial and ground obstacles that may get in its way. Amazon currently has more than 12 Prime Air prototypes.

For more info, videos and pictures check out the Amazon Prime Air page.

Hang on, just let me go get my shotgun...

The blue and white one in the first video is beautiful! I'd like to see if there will be a kit for it soon.
It's a really ingenious design.

The blue and white one in the first video is beautiful! I'd like to see if there will be a kit for it soon.
It's a really ingenious design.
They do look very nice, I must admit- but I'm still not keen on drones buzzing around the place generally just pissing me off in one way or another...

How long before someone sticks their finger in a prop and tries to sue Amazon?
They'll find a more ridiculous way like "I looked at the drone and accidentally looked at the sun, and now I'm blind"...

They do look very nice, I must admit- but I'm still not keen on drones buzzing around the place generally just pissing me off in one way or another...

They'll find a more ridiculous way like "I looked at the drone and accidentally looked at the sun, and now I'm blind"...
The people in the tinfoil hats will always find a way to try and make an easy buck. As far as the "I'm blind" comment, we say that every time @Rolex gets out of his recliner in the mods' lounge...

The people in the tinfoil hats will always find a way to try and make an easy buck. As far as the "I'm blind" comment, we say that every time @Rolex gets out of his recliner in the mods' lounge...
Well at least you can only be blinded once, because from then on you can only lose your sanity.
I think I may of just wrote a quote that, if out of this context, can be taken seriously.

Actually it's a temporary blindness cured when @Rolex sits down again.

Actually it's a temporary blindness cured when @Rolex sits down again.
So the suffering is in Rolexes hands, or should I say arse. I'd rather stay blind and never have to see it again than have the repetition of suffering...

One of you needs to go polish the Tuba in the lobby. I can't see the reflection.
We're out of wax. You snorted it all at my birthday party, you said you'd go get some more but you fell asleep in the recliner and forgot about it.

You sir can polish your own tuba. lol

In all reality though, that thing has to just be solely a publicity thing, right? It just doesn't seem feasible to me to transport anything on a "drone" that size. What kind of range does it have? How much does that thing cost? What are they paying a "pilot" to fly it? Not to mention all the ones that are stolen or broken due to derelicts.

Olds, you're spot on. That's EXACTLY what I thought. I'm guessing the FedEx guy parks on the end of your road where you can't see him, then flies it in and drops it on your lawn.

Olds, you're spot on. That's EXACTLY what I thought. I'm guessing the FedEx guy parks on the end of your road where you can't see him, then flies it in and drops it on your lawn.
Or he crashes it into your tuba because the "Bling Thing" blinded him in the sun light, @Rolex?