AM or FM

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorillaz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Which kind of a reciever system is better to have? An AM system or an FM system?

Like NCNITRO said 75MHZ SYNTH as you get 30 channels and no crystals!. Plus FM is less susceptible to intereference and range distance.

I didn't notice any difference between my JR xr2 and my Airtronics MX-3 (AM vs FM) in range or lack of glitching. They both got about the same range and glitched an equal amount... any ideas?

What about the new module that came out.? It is a 2.4ghz module or something that never glitches and has range of like 3,000 feet? i want one if i ever get a new radio system.

I think the range come to be affected if you are out in the boonies where there is a lot of blockage. AM is more sensitive to range then FM.

Just for ease of using your equipment on multiple rigs, FM full synth.

Fm offers more channels and less chance for glitching. An FM radio that is PCM modulated is even better.

most of the am radios that come with a rtr vehicle have only throttle and steering trim. If you were to upgrade to an fm radio depending on the company, you would be able to adjust end points, travel volume, travel speed and some radios even have lap counters and more.

Do any radios have a built in failsafe?
I think I read that the spektrum does, but I am not completely sure.

TacRacing said:
Do any radios have a built in failsafe?
I think I read that the spektrum does, but I am not completely sure.
I am not sure that is possible. as a failsafe works to put the car into full brake mode when signal loss is detected or low voltage. I would think no.

I was thinking more along the lines of cutting off the radio equip, or setting back to center when out of range.

TacRacing said:
I was thinking more along the lines of cutting off the radio equip, or setting back to center when out of range.
That may be possible if the RX was that cool