Altair Aerial Power Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevadany

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought an Altair Power Pro a couple of years ago for my son, he's now 11. We are having a couple of issues with it. The easy issue is replacing batteries, but I have questions on capacity...see below. The bigger issue is the ESC. I went through the troubleshooting process with Altair and tested what I could at home. The next logical thing to replace is the ESC. The controller pairs, but no response from the motors...no movement, no noise. The steering is the only thing that works.

I can replace with OEM parts from Altair, but before jumping in and ordering them, I had some questions.

I know (now) this RC truck is rebranded Hosim 9125...my questions are reguarding batteries and the ESC.

1. The batteries... OEM are Li-PO 7.4V 1600mAh...Can I use higher mAh batteries? I see up to 2000mAh on the Hosim website, and I think I saw up to 2200 on amazon (same physical size and connection. I'm just looking for longer run time if possible, without damaging anything.

2. The ESC...searching the part number (25-JZ07), I see in Ebay, there is an updated part. Any info on this? If I am replacing the ESC anyway, what will this updated part offer over the OEM part?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353868619263

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!
DW