Airbrush help plz!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunfighter

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Firs off I'm new to airbrushing and have read just about all the posts on here (and about 10 other sites). The problem I am having is I'm shooting createx transparent blue and it wont go on smooth. I have tried straight from the bottle and thinned about 15% and all diff air pressures but it is still laying down speckled. Any help would be great.

It sound like either your gun is 'spitting' from being set wrong, or possibly it's creeping on the Lexan. You need to thoroughly clean the Lexan.

Is the transparent blue mixed well? Sounds like other colors work fine but not this one, is that right? Having just done my first airbrush attempt I had the same problem spitting myself with createx. Make sure the paint is well mixed and try a 1:1 ratio of paint:thinner which is what was recommended for me and worked well. I also used a 15psi setting. Just bear in mind you'll need to lay down more coats for better color.

It sound like either your gun is 'spitting' from being set wrong, or possibly it's creeping on the Lexan. You need to thoroughly clean the Lexan.

Dumb question but what would be a "wrong" setting......I still dont know what is right :hehe: I'm just shooting on a transparency sheet for practice, got one body to paint and I dont want to mess it up.

Also what are you mixing it with? Water or acrylic medium?

The attempt is to do Nitro's real fire which is looking great with the exception of the splotchy candy coat.

Also what are you mixing it with? Water or acrylic medium?

The attempt is to do Nitro's real fire which is looking great with the exception of the splotchy candy coat.

Createx is water-based and people mix it with windex or faskolor cleaner. I used windex :)

Back