Aims Users!: CLICK HERE!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXRyCeCaKeXx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Put you aim name here!:

banhbonuong27

NitroChristianRC

However, PM me first so I can add you to my contact list. Otherwise, you will not be able to PM me. Dang spammers ruined it for me!

Kevrone2003 is my aim contact.:mobile:

When I add a contact can I have your names display as they are here?? On ICQ I can have you listed as whatever I want with your real ICQ name hidden. Otherwise I'm going to get VERY confused VERY fast.

Display name????

How many times does this freaking question have to be asked and answered? :angry:

Notice the AIM icon beneath the users' post. If the icon is there, they have listed a username on their profile. You can click the AIM icon and it will start up AIM for you, or you can go to their profile and see the username.

Come on guys how freaking lazy are we that this question has to be asked again and again...learn to use the search function or at least learn to click the icons that exist. WoodiE has gone to great lengths to make this forum robust in capability. There are icon/links that lead to a wealth of information all over the place...USE THEM!

So can you answer my question?

I really would like to know if AIM is capable of this or not.....

Chris,

Your so freaking wasted man.

You can add comments for each user, just right click the username and select store/edit buddy comment.

-WoodiE

But does that change the DISPLAY name in the contact list?

You know how ICQ works????

No it doesn't change the display name like ICQ does.

What it does is add a comment that can be viewed when you hover your mouse over the screen name.

-WoodiE

Bummer - I still swear the mIRC and ICQ are the two BEST instant messaging clients out there. mIRC, while cryptic, is extremely powerful.

Like Unix is to Windows.... Hell, give me a shell box to admin and I'm all good. Got Root?

;)

I too like mIRC, I used to use that a LOT before the birth of RCNT. Though I never got into the whole ICQ thing.

-WoodiE

If you click the "info" button while you have someone on your buddy list highlighted, you will get a page that should have a "notes" tab (this is AIM version dependent). If you then type the information (ie RCNT Member Name) into the notes field, when you point to their screen name on your buddy list...you should get a status window that includes the notes.

Here's a screen shot for those inept members, like Çh®i§tiªñ:

Attachments

• aim shot.jpg
    aim shot.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 68
Thats better than nothing at all. And ultimately, you will prob just remember who they are after enough repetition.

on ICQ my name is DeathRogue