Aftershock rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of the same old same old here, but wanted to show you guys some pics of the LST2 cleaned. I can tell the previous owner didn't use it much, there is hardly a scratch on this thing :D. Decided to strip it down after running about 4 tanks through it on Saturday, glad I did because both diffs were almost emptied of grease. Also thinking about extending this one too an dropping in the 454.
IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

Well today I picked up the electric conversion kit for the aftershock and assembled everything on the xxl chassis, still waiting on center cv's. What are your guys thoughts on leaving it a 2 speed with disc brakes? Would I be better off locking the 2 speed hub?

The aftershock project is kinda stalled for now, just ordered the xxl center shafts for it that will be here next week, then I need to scrape together the money for the MM system. My main focus has been on the LST2. I ordered the xxl chassis for it and dropped in the new 454. It definitely needs an extended chassis to keep the front end on the ground. :D My only issue is with the fuel tank, I keep seeing air bubbles being sucked into the fuel line from what appears to be the primer. Are these tanks known to leak air from the primers?
IMG_1678.jpg

Last edited:
The aftershock i had would do the same thing but i never had problems with it running.

It runs fine but idles erratically. Maybe I can ditch the primer.

Send it over to me ill check it our for you:D,i'll make sure its fixed when i send it back:hehe:

Thats weird, I don't remember that chassis brace being snapped. Was the 40 foot cliff jump part of your "fix". :hehe:

no big jumps for that beauty, i would run the guts out of it though......:D

I got the air leak figured out. I just dropped a little oil on the o rings. They must have been dryed out from sitting too long. All is well now.

Getting back to the Aftershock. It has been reassembled with the xxl chassis and the electric conversion kit has been installed. Waiting for two steering servos, an rx and a MM system.
IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

New skid plates..
IMG_1699.jpg

Looks good bro, can't wait to see bids of this thing.

Will the LST2 upper and lower a-arms fit on the aftershock? I want to eliminate the rear turn buckles.

I think they will, you may need to swap carriers as well.

They should work then, I know the RPM ones work on all three, LST 2, Aftershock and LST XXL.

Got some new shoes for the LST! I was going to throw the dished wheels on the aftershock but realized I would need 20mm hubs.
IMG_1749.jpg

Back