Aftershock rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys run for shock oil? Normally I would use silicone oil but these damn shocks hold so much I was thinking about just using some motor oil.

I ended up using power steering fluid in the shocks and it was pretty close to the dampening I was looking for. Will probably end up buying the aluminum shock bodies come summer and will go with real silicone oil then. I just finished putting the tranny in and installed the wheels just so I could get a feel for the size of it! It's a lot bigger then I imagined, and I love it! :p:
IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

I was told the Dynamite 086 pipe would make this engine open up. Jammin makes makes some nice ones too.

Yeah that thing is big. It's actually a true 1/8 scale where the Savage claims to be but is really closer to 1/10.

:(This makes me miss mine, that was probably the easiest engine to tune for me, i loved mine and i beat the hell out of it.

Hey Randy, you sent me two different two speed gears. Is one of them off of a newer lst? I heard the aftershock had problems with the two speed and was planning on upgrading that. If so then I will just swap out the whole assembly.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I look at my MACS then over at my LST and laugh. Nothing like a 1/8 MT!!!

Thats exactly what I thought when I set it next to my savage! It also makes my emaxx look like a micro! :hehe:

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

:(This makes me miss mine, that was probably the easiest engine to tune for me, i loved mine and i beat the hell out of it.

Ya, I have never even seen a Losi MT in real life, let alone drive one and I can already tell I'm going to love it! What made you get rid of yours?

I couldn't resist...
IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

They play so nicely together...
IMG_1594.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

They were supposed to be but I never verified it.

I'll give it a try.

thought i had "too many" but soon realized i was wrong.....lol

I know right! It almost seemed like a scam, but I have purchased parts from the same store before with no issues. Looks like I will also need to pick up some longer center cv's.

Got my new extended chassis in today! :p: The best part is that it comes complete with all servo mounts, skid plates, screws and chassis braces. Now all I need are the extended drive shafts.
IMG_1598.jpg

can't wait to see that beast complete!!!

Picked this up today!! :D Probably didn't need another one but I figured for an LST2, $275 RTR I couldn't pass it up. Plus its in great condition! This means I will probably be converting the aftershock to electric. The guy I bought the LST from even has the electric conversion kit for it that he would sell me for cheap. I'm going to try firing it up tomorrow.
IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

And a the starter, manual and small bag of parts...
IMG_1612.jpg

GAWD i want one of those BAD, i can't get a deal like that though, ill probably have to buy a new one to ever have one.

Slinger you get ready to sell or trade that let me know, i would like to be first in line.

Last edited:
HaHa. Well I'm almost broke now so I may be calling you soon. :hehe:

Never did like those white dish wheels. But one clean LST2! The lids on those look so much better than my LST lid.

The LST2 looks nice :thumbup: But I was looking forward to you finishing the Aftershock with nitro power.

Sorry to disappoint you Randy, but that aftershock will be a whole new beast with brushless power. :D

---------- Post added at 9:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:55 AM ----------

Never did like those white dish wheels. But one clean LST2! The lids on those look so much better than my LST lid.

Ya those wheels will be the first things that get changed. I just don't know what rims and tires I would go with.

Back