Aftermarket parts for the MGT?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon2

Nitro ASSpired!!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I am going to buy some parts to replace the ones I broke but I am having problems trying to get some better parts. Does anyone know of any maker that has released soome parts for the MGT? I am not interested in making my rig all metal and shiny just durable!! I need A-arms and bumpers and shock towers. Help a brotha out!!

dude that site rocks but I am staying away from the aluminum a arms. But everything else is up for grabs. Thanks brotha

Hey MGT Brotha what up? I am getting the bumpers for the front and rear. I inquired about the braces and was told two different things but until they can say they have them in stock not "maybe in stock" I will wait till they are ready to shi[ all together.

lol kool i have to wait untill march to get the bumpers reason its my b-day lol plus i get a job

I have to give props to new era- great products and fast shipping. I have placed 5 orders with them and all of them came within a few days of ordering. I have the front and rear bumpers, billet engine mount, picco outlaw .26, front and rear billet shock towers, full powdercoated roll cage, jumbo kong wheels/tires.

The front shock tower didnt fit exactly right, but it worked, and everything else was perfect.

What I do need now is the highest gearing I can find that will fit, because the engine goes a lot higher RPM now, and the tires are crazy heavy and I need all the torque possible. Does anyone know what gears from other trucks are compatable? Will Tmaxx or savage gears fit, or maybe RC10GT???

Originally posted by firemedic10c
I have to give props to new era- great products and fast shipping. I have placed 5 orders with them and all of them came within a few days of ordering. I have the front and rear bumpers, billet engine mount, picco outlaw .26, front and rear billet shock towers, full powdercoated roll cage, jumbo kong wheels/tires.

The front shock tower didnt fit exactly right, but it worked, and everything else was perfect.

What I do need now is the highest gearing I can find that will fit, because the engine goes a lot higher RPM now, and the tires are crazy heavy and I need all the torque possible. Does anyone know what gears from other trucks are compatable? Will Tmaxx or savage gears fit, or maybe RC10GT???
Hey firemedic don't you think that you need to gear the truck lower to get the tires to turn? Gearing it higher would mean you are trying to get more speed out of the tranny. Those tires are freaking huge!!

personally i hate the jumbo kongs sorry man but they are way to big the big joes are as far as i would go

Yeah I guess that is what I meant- I want a spur gear with the most teeth I can get and a clutch bell with the least amount of teeth I can get for the highest torque possible.

The jumbo kongs look badass on it, but I'm sure it will be slow as hell with stock gearing.

If RPM starts making stuff for the MGT......I'm gonna get one. I've had a blast with the one's I've driven.

Peace

I am still waiting for them to as well 30%nitroBoy. I have an itch to make the MGT stronger with the RPM quality!!!

why still today no good aftermarket parts for mg5t? b.s integeezus and gloden horizons is all thats left.should not have to steel parts from tmax 2 bild ur truck. i sold mine years ago no suport/

RPM and GPM make quite a few hop ups for the MGT, Hot Racing makes a few things still, integy makes a few things, RC-Monster has an electric motor mount for electric conversions, I'm sure there are other places around that do as well. Unfortunately it just wasn't that popular of a truck. Besides this is a 11 year old thread...I doubt any of the other participants in this thread are still around.

Last edited:
Back