after run oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx850

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I accidently put to much after run oil in my carb. I turned the truck upside down to try and get as much out as I could. how bad is this for the motor and how big of an idiot am I lol

how much do you mean by "to much"? Did you put the whole bottle or half a bottle or what?

Don't worry about it.

It may be hard to start the next time, but once it does all the excess oil will be expelled.

ARO isn't bad for the engine, it protects it from rusting and such.

How much did you put in it? I put 5 drops down the carb and 5 down the glow plug hole on my Picco.

Last edited:
it might be hard to start next time but you will be ok

well,, i wouldnt consider you to be an idiot... have you seen youtube latly!! youll be just fine, some guys dont put enough in.. one or two drops down the carb doesn't do anything.. like cupoot said.. pull the fuel line of, put five down the carb throat and five or so down the plug port.. open up the carb and giver a couple rips.. I've over done it a few times. but still starts fairly easy..

Last edited:
I fill my cases with it when they are going to sit for more than a few months.....like everyone said, it will probably be hard to start but once it does you're fine...might need to get a spare plug too...if the oil sits on the element and then fires it may cook the element when you fire it up.....

I filled up that area at the slide till it ran out. it wasn't half the bottle or anything just a good bit more than 3 or 4 drops. maybe 15 or 20.i started it up and it ran it just spit white smoke out the exhuast. then I shut it off

well if it was a 2000 horsespower drag car white smoke would be a bad thing, but in your case I think everything will ok, jusging by what all the veterans had to say. You did the right things by asking though, a lot of people blow something up THEN they come ask the question that should have been asked in the first place. Good luck with everything else, and don't worry about any rust in the carb today :LoL:

*Not An Expert Here*

I will only drop oil into the carb if I know it will be stored for a long period of time.

For me I make sure to immediately return my piston to bottom dead center after each run of the engine between cool down and refuel, and at the end of the day I run out all the fuel from the lines, remove the glow plug and drop 3-5 drops down into the cylinder, cover the top of the glow plug hole with a q-tip to keep from making a mess and cycle the engine for a little bit to distribute the oil on all surfaces then return the piston to bottom dead center and add another drop or so. Re-install the glow plug and it's good to store and ready to go for next time. It actually fired right up for me on first try the next time I ran, which was a big relief.

I actually just took a marker and put a line from my motor to my flywheel so that I can always return my engine to exact bottom dead center every time. I don't know if you knew this or not but asking a question about after run oil I thought I would throw this in as well.

Last edited: