AFHDS questions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are there different protocols for the same frequency? I may actually be wording that wrong, but, i have a FlySky FS-GT3B that says it has AFHDS, and i have 2 DHK Hobby receivers that say they are AFHDS, but, i can not seem to bind those two receivers to any radio i have. I don't have a DHK radio, since i got the receivers in a couple of cars i bought used, but, i need another receiver for a car i picked up that will work with my GT3B, so, i figured, since the DHK ones have the same protocol, why not use them if they will work, but they don't seem to, so, what is it i am missing here?

Are there different protocols for the same frequency? I may actually be wording that wrong, but, i have a FlySky FS-GT3B that says it has AFHDS, and i have 2 DHK Hobby receivers that say they are AFHDS, but, i can not seem to bind those two receivers to any radio i have. I don't have a DHK radio, since i got the receivers in a couple of cars i bought used, but, i need another receiver for a car i picked up that will work with my GT3B, so, i figured, since the DHK ones have the same protocol, why not use them if they will work, but they don't seem to, so, what is it i am missing here?

If the receivers got damaged or wet & corroded ,they wont bind ,do they light up?

I had spent the last 5 hrs trying to figure out why my radio wasn't working ,it was working when I last ran it ,but I
pulled the gear out for another car ,an it didnt work then either ,so after a year or so ,at current time now ,I put
it back in today ,it dont work ,so I got on Y-tube ,a kid said the receiver is bad ,an that is why that I am getting
a green flashing light on my ESC ,an thinking back ,I think that I did get my truck wet when it went into a wet gutter
on the side of the road ,an didnt dry it out ,it still worked then ,but I put it up ,an it sat for a year.

I just put in a different radio set up ,an the damn thing took off an flew off my coffee table just now after
reversing the throttle switch!...:doh:

But ,now at least I know that it is a bad receiver ,an not the ESC. ,so ,it might be possible that your receivers
are bad ,but it would seem strange if both of yours are bad ,or even one bad an the other wont bind with
the trans.!
You just may have to get another radio set up ,an get rid of the headahce!....:cool:

If the receivers got damaged or wet & corroded ,they wont bind ,do they light up?
The receivers are supposedly waterproof, and they are also in a waterproof box on all the DHK cars, and i have had multiple FS receivers buried under water with no issues, so I'm doubting that is the issue. They light up, and, if you push the set button on the receiver, they start blinking fast like they are supposed to in bind mode. I think its more that the FS GT3B radio, and the DHK D302S receiver are incompatible, even though they both say they are AFHDS. I have an Exceed RC Receiver that is supposed to be the same AFHDS protocol, and, that works fine with the Exceed radio it came with, but that one wont bind to my GT3B either.

The receivers are supposedly waterproof, and they are also in a waterproof box on all the DHK cars, and i have had multiple FS receivers buried under water with no issues, so I'm doubting that is the issue. They light up, and, if you push the set button on the receiver, they start blinking fast like they are supposed to in bind mode. I think its more that the FS GT3B radio, and the DHK D302S receiver are incompatible, even though they both say they are AFHDS. I have an Exceed RC Receiver that is supposed to be the same AFHDS protocol, and, that works fine with the Exceed radio it came with, but that one wont bind to my GT3B either.

Ah ,I see then ,my slash has a water proof box ,but if I knew it got wet ,I would have pulled it .an dried it out ,but I
use to run boats ,an totally submerged everything ,an they still worked after drying them!

Is that the Flysky GT3B?
May just have to buy the receiver in that brand ,they are cheap ,I have 2 of those receivers an I got one to bind with
my Rovan trans, ,but I think that they are the same company radio!

Is that the Flysky GT3B?
May just have to buy the receiver in that brand ,they are cheap ,I have 2 of those receivers an I got one to bind with
my Rovan trans, ,but I think that they are the same company radio!
Yes, it is the FlySky FS GT3B. The oddest part is that the GT3B and the DHK D302S are supposedly AFHDS with GFSK encoding, so it makes no sense why they wont bind to each other. The DHK receivers wont bind to any of my AFHDS radios though, so i dont get what I'm missing here.

Yes, it is the FlySky FS GT3B. The oddest part is that the GT3B and the DHK D302S are supposedly AFHDS with GFSK encoding, so it makes no sense why they wont bind to each other. The DHK receivers wont bind to any of my AFHDS radios though, so i dont get what I'm missing here.

I don't know anything about that either ,I am totally dumb when comes to that with these 2.4 stuff!....LOL

Are you using the little binder loop wire?

I don't know anything about that either ,I am totally dumb when comes to that with these 2.4 stuff!....LOL

Are you using the little binder loop wire?
With the DHK receivers, they dont use a bind wire. You just hold the set button until the light blinks fast, then, turn on the radio while holding the bind button. I've tried it with not only my GT3B, but, also with 3 different Redcat/Exceed RC radios, all of which i know use the same protocols as my FS does, since i actually bound the Redcat/Exceed receivers all to my FS radio. The most i know about radio/receiver matching is read the specs in the manual, and match the specs, but, that isnt working this time.

With the DHK receivers, they dont use a bind wire. You just hold the set button until the light blinks fast, then, turn on the radio while holding the bind button. I've tried it with not only my GT3B, but, also with 3 different Redcat/Exceed RC radios, all of which i know use the same protocols as my FS does, since i actually bound the Redcat/Exceed receivers all to my FS radio. The most i know about radio/receiver matching is read the specs in the manual, and match the specs, but, that isnt working this time.

Oh , have you tried it in reverse ,like turning the radio on first an then the receiver?

Oh , have you tried it in reverse ,like turning the radio on first an then the receiver?
I've tried it several different ways. Turning on the radio while holding the bind button, then turning on the receiver and pushing the set button, turning on the receiver, then turning on the radio while holding the bind button, then pushing the set button on the receiver. I even tried turning on the receiver, pushing the set button, then, going to the other side of the room and turning on the radio while holding the bind button, since they said the radio should be at least 50cm away from the receiver, and nothing worked.

I've tried it several different ways. Turning on the radio while holding the bind button, then turning on the receiver and pushing the set button, turning on the receiver, then turning on the radio while holding the bind button, then pushing the set button on the receiver. I even tried turning on the receiver, pushing the set button, then, going to the other side of the room and turning on the radio while holding the bind button, since they said the radio should be at least 50cm away from the receiver, and nothing worked.

Well ,I figured out what my issue was ,it is a damaged antenna wire ,I put in another system an got everything to work!..:cool:

Tell it to seek help from a licensed professional. It requires a prescription. Do NOT allow it to self medicate.
Why not? It might be really interesting to see, at least, until it hallucinates and thinks it is a TQI.

Your signature says no R/C's were being waxed during the creation of your post, but, I'm wondering if you arent typing with one hand and waxing with the other.