Advice for better remote for my JJRC Q61 RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are definitely going to need to custom fab mounting points for the servo etc. that motor looks like its the molded in type and does not have screws to hold in place, may either have to custom make a motor mount, or try using the one already in it. it is a ladder type frame which luckily are about the easiest type to modify such items.

Cbaker yes there is a Battery under the hood , the truck is 1:16 scale

14.17 X 5.71 X 5.91 inches L X W X H

Hi everyone

I need advice on what kind of remote controls work with my Q61 truck from JJRC.

After having it and running it for 2 weeks my truck stopped running due a crack in one of the components in the receiver board , the crack was caused by the RC being treated badly while being shipped to me.
Anyway when it was running fine It go pretty far away from me .

Now that I have replaced the receiver board , it will not go as far as it once did . I don't know what is causing this , maybe a better remote that will work with my RC will help ?

If so what do you guys recommend ? could I upgrade the remote that came with it , if so how ?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The black square on the pic of a q61 receiver was the bit that had a crack in it .

Pic of my modded Q61 , made it look like the WW2 truck that it based on International Harvester KR-11 4x2 and 2x2. front bumper with hooks handmade , gas tank also
there is a thread with about 10,000 upgrade parts including everything you need on RC groups in the rock crawler section of the forums.

Really there is not alot you can do with A all in 1 remote. that rx servo control and esc... I have done the conversion to all new electronics but I dont know your skill level or budget...To a modular system like most of us use. thats a rx (reciever) where a 3 wire servo plugs into it a esc that has 3 wire plug.that will take some doing..

Really there is not alot you can do with A all in 1 remote. that rx servo control and esc... I have done the conversion to all new electronics but I dont know your skill level or budget...To a modular system like most of us use. thats a rx (reciever) where a 3 wire servo plugs into it a esc that has 3 wire plug.that will take some doing..
I've been into RC stuff most of my life. I have a 2 Channel 2.4 G transmitter and receiver from HobbyKing that I was going to put into a boat, that I could use for the truck. I guess two questions I have are where do you put all the electronics? Is there room underneath the cab. My other question is how exactly you mount a Servo to replace the non-proportional motor driven steering that the original comes with? How does the horn on the servo hook up to the steering?

Back