Adjusting the turnbuckles for proper tire camber...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberjack_Matt

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Now I understand the use of turnbuckles to get the proper camber settings for toe in/out settings on your front/back wheels, but what I'm not understanding is how you physically do it.

Traxxas gave me a set of gimp tools (see the link), but do not explain their uses in the manual at all.

I can't figure out for the life of me how to adjust the turnbuckles with out physically removing the component from the car.

Anyone know how to do this? I'm guessing, its prolly pretty easy once I know what the hell I do with these tools...

Hey Lumberjack Matt!

All you need to do is take the turnbuckle wrench, which is the long flat metal piece with the small notch in the end. You put the notched end of the wrench on the middle part of the turnbuckle.... the part that has 4 sides and kinda looks like the edges of a nut.... Then you turn in either direction depending on which what you want the tires to go. The turnbuckles are left threaded on one end and right threaded on the other. I am not sure which direction does what... because the truck is not in front of me, but it should be easy to notice the adjustment being made. Does this help at all? Good luck and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Tom

Prolly why I couldnt figure it out, because the little nuts in the middle of my turnbuckles are like completely rounded off, so I guess they dont want you to mess with it or something...

Why the hell would they give me tools I can't use to work on my truck with?

Last edited:
if you bought it used they probily used plyers & rounded them off, a new set is just a couple of bucks...or just use plyers on them again

Its brand new... they are just retards... I think its their way of trying to get people not to mess with the camber.

Last edited:
I, myself, prefer to strip the turnbuckles properly. I use vise-grips.=devil

I, myself, prefer to strip the turnbuckles properly. I use vise-grips.=devil

Vice grips might actually help me turn them... I will have to give that a shot... cause I got a really small pair like 2-3 years ago I've been waiting forever to use on something.