ACE Servos- Never Again

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetdiesel

aka SouRGassssssss
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought two ACE DS1015 servos on 6/20/06. I installed both in my MBX5 and within 10 minutes of running the steering servo dies. I send it to ACE and they take over one month to send out a replacement. I install the steering servo and hook it up to the RX to test...now the T/B servo is dead. There is a small bump on the bottom of the case and after taking the case bottom off there is a black residue on the controller board, something must have burned out. I contact ACE and let them know and they tell me that there is NO WARRANTY on their servos. They said they replaced the first bad servo under their 30 day "grace period" but cannot service the 2nd servo because it is too old. I don't blame the customer service rep but their companies warranty stinks.

IMO a $95 servo that is installed correctly with correct EPA settings should last longer than 2 months.

Dang... you still got the 650M? Use that sucker.

Yup, still have it. I may have to stock up on servos, I have a feeling the replacement steering servo will fail during the West Coast Bash.