Acceleration problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken78

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My buddy just bought a Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, I ran it through ankle deep grass and a small puddle, now it does have any acceleration. Please help me fix the problem

Dude there are sooooo many reasons why this could be an issue. But, I'm gonna take a swing and ask, is the throttle servo turning anymore? (When you hit the gas on your controller it should move back and forth) I know those servos aren't waterproof so there's a good chance they're all dead. Damage is probably over $50.

Dude there are sooooo many reasons why this could be an issue. But, I'm gonna take a swing and ask, is the throttle servo turning anymore? (When you hit the gas on your controller it should move back and forth) I know those servos aren't waterproof so there's a good chance they're all dead. Damage is probably over $50.
It moves forward. At full throttle then it moves forward but slowly

It moves forward. At full throttle then it moves forward but slowly
Is the engine still hitting full rpm? Your clutch is probably messed up then. Like I said dude, I can think of about 100 reasons why that specific truck doesn't accelerate correctly. If you can be more specific on the symptoms, I'll be able to help.

Is the engine still hitting full rpm? Your clutch is probably messed up then. Like I said dude, I can think of about 100 reasons why that specific truck doesn't accelerate correctly. If you can be more specific on the symptoms, I'll be able to help.
Yes

If possible I can send video of it tomorrow. Since it's getting dark

Could be the clutch is fried or the slipper clutch is cooked. Running in water/tall grass tends to put a real hurt on clutch shoes, be it the slipper or the shoes in the bell. Or the slipper nut just backed off.

A quick test you can do is get it up to running temp, hold the truck down on the ground and punch the throttle a few times to see where the spinning stops. If it's the engine clutch, the bell won't spin. If it's the slipper, the spur will spin, but the shaft it's on and trans won't. If it's the OWB in the trans, then the input shaft will spin, but the output won't. Just kind of have to work your way through to see what spins when under power and what doesn't. You don't want to hold the throttle long, just hard enough and long enough to see where the power is lost. Then shut it down and fix it.