A work in progress

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolland

RC Newbie
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I will give this a shot and see if I can post photos. I picked up this truck its a KM T2000 4x4, from a neighbor that was moving and did want to take it with him. It had a bad motor and some loose nuts and bolts. Put in the motor and took it out for a drive and worked really good until the steering link broke causing it to spin out and break the upper A frame linkage. So its in the shop right not awaiting some parts. I made new steering links. Just need the ball joint ends.
I have a question, what is the best way to get the boot on over the drive shaft ball ends?? Am including photos I think

Attachments

• 100_2958.JPG
    100_2958.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_2956.JPG
    100_2956.JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_2957.JPG
    100_2957.JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_2959.JPG
    100_2959.JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 54
Those boots just slip over the drive cups it looks like to me. Nice truck, but those aluminum A-arms are likely gonna be problematic.

I would be interested in your reasoning on the A frames.

I would be interested in your reasoning on the A frames.
Experience 😉

Aluminum arms don't flex and absorb the stresses during an impact. Instead they transfer that energy to the hinge area, destroying hinge joints, bulkheads, etc. Either that or they bend.

That vehicle having a bigger body to protect the arms a bit helps. Does the body cover the tires?

The only cars I will ever use aluminum arms on is 1/18 or smaller, and vehicles with completely protected wheels, like touring cars. The smaller cars are light enough that it doesn't matter as much.

Experience 😉

Aluminum arms don't flex and absorb the stresses during an impact. Instead they transfer that energy to the hinge area, destroying hinge joints, bulkheads, etc. Either that or they bend.

That vehicle having a bigger body to protect the arms a bit helps. Does the body cover the tires?

The only cars I will ever use aluminum arms on is 1/18 or smaller, and vehicles with completely protected wheels, like touring cars. The smaller cars are light enough that it doesn't matter as much.
Ever seen a touring car cartwheel 40 feet? 🤣🤣

I agree on the arms and everything above, and may get some for my onroad, but it will be babied.

You're off to a "big" start with 1/5 scale, Rolland. Looking good. Pix posting looks good here. Anxious to see pix of her put back together and running. The special fixture you made for holding the chassis in place is nice.

'AC'

Ever seen a touring car cartwheel 40 feet? 🤣🤣

I agree on the arms and everything above, and may get some for my onroad, but it will be babied.
Not much into touring cars myself, but I do have a couple that have aluminum arms on them. But we just don't drive them that much because they are boring to drive in the small area we have here.

To get boots over the dogbone end, I usually just stick needle nose in the large end and open them up to stretch the small end open enough, them wiggle the dog bone through and back the needle nose out.

Experience 😉

I was looking through the offerings on different sites for parts for the car but see nothing but aluminum suspension parts, do you have any recommendations for replacements.

Finally got it all back together and running, now I need to work up enough courage to take it out and see what I can damage this time. :(

Attachments

• 100_2963.JPG
    100_2963.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_2964.JPG
    100_2964.JPG
    358.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_2965.JPG
    100_2965.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 48
Well I thought so too, I opened the shop door and put it out on the drive way, when I came back it had came inside and was hiding under the bench. I think it was trying to tell me something??:ninja:

I am looking for the best place to sell my KM T2000, I know it is not allowed here but could someone perhaps give me a site I could list it on.

I am looking for the best place to sell my KM T2000, I know it is not allowed here but could someone perhaps give me a site I could list it on.
That model maybe hard to sell because of its belt driven 4 x 4 set up ,the current ones that people
want are shaft driven!
There is a market spot here ,but the rules here says that you have to have so many post ,pretty much on
other forums as well ,you can try Facebook or Craig's list maybe!..😎

Back