A warning about Redcat Volcano epx pro/ecxeed rc dynamite infinitive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewalt Drill

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
This car may seem like great value at first glance but its just not sure the motor and esc are fine but the "water proof receiver" isn't first somewhat deep puddle it died stock servo stripped out on 2nd pack the chassis snapped 1st real bash center driveshaft went with it the rear arms broke pretty soon 1 rear dogbone also broke right after I fixed the arm maybe someone who also has this car has had better luck but in my opinion its a waste of money every time I drive this thing I break it and once you go through a few packs you would have already exceeded its original value in repairs only get this if you're the best driver ever and will never crash

^^^THIS. Theres a reason I have the sig I've had for a decade and all those brands are the reason why. Redcat, HSP, Exceed, and WLToys are just terrible. there are others but these are the ones I'm always seeing.

I had a redcat earthquake 3.5 I did an electric conversion on and I still hated it. I ended up trading it rtr for a bunch of escs and motors. It was just that bad

^^^THIS. Theres a reason I have the sig I've had for a decade and all those brands are the reason why. Redcat, HSP, Exceed, and WLToys are just terrible. there are others but these are the ones I'm always seeing.
I have a wltoys a989 and its pretty great tbh seems like the smaller cars from wltoys are worth it and wltoys cars cost like 60$ so you get what you pay for

I have a wltoys a989 and its pretty great tbh seems like the smaller cars from wltoys are worth it and wltoys cars cost like 60$ so you get what you pay for
My only hands on experience with WLToys is their Helis but compared to Blade Helis they were garbage so I left em be. I'm assuming all their kits are garbage but only based off that. I do have to say for scale guys they seem to be pretty nice. Seen some people go ham on them with scale stuff.

I've mentioned before I have the Redcat Gen 7 and Everest 10 and really like them but then again we don't bash crawlers like the others.
I also have a Redcat Tornado S30 and its a pile of junk. I ever have had a full hour of bashing with it yet so it's stuffed in a box and is going to stay there.

I've mentioned before I have the Redcat Gen 7 and Everest 10 and really like them but then again we don't bash crawlers like the others.
I also have a Redcat Tornado S30 and its a pile of junk. I ever have had a full hour of bashing with it yet so it's stuffed in a box and is going to stay there.
yeah the tornado has the same layout as volcano so it makes sense

I would say you have a lot more leeway with crawlers and drift cars cuz they dont really take to many hard knocks. At least not like our other kits do :)

My only hands on experience with WLToys is their Helis but compared to Blade Helis they were garbage so I left em be. I'm assuming all their kits are garbage but only based off that. I do have to say for scale guys they seem to be pretty nice. Seen some people go ham on them with scale stuff.

I have the Wltoys 12428 and it's just designed wrong, the cvds bottom out in the out drives before the chassis hits the ground so the front cvds just bend, fixed motor mount with the mesh set too tight friction shocks, metal diffs that weren't made for the vehicle and everything is made out of Chinesium.

I also have a Wltoys 144001 which is a very cheaply cloned Lc Racing EMB-1. Words cannot describe how bad the Wltoys actually is compared to the Lc Racing. I actually only bought mine to compare it to the EMB-1. It's like comparing an Xbox off Wish to a real one.

I have the Wltoys 12428 and it's just designed wrong, the cvds bottom out in the out drives before the chassis hits the ground so the front cvds just bend, fixed motor mount with the mesh set too tight friction shocks, metal diffs that weren't made for the vehicle and everything is made out of Chinesium.

I also have a Wltoys 144001 which is a very cheaply cloned Lc Racing EMB-1. Words cannot describe how bad the Wltoys actually is compared to the Lc Racing. I actually only bought mine to compare it to the EMB-1. It's like comparing an Xbox off Wish to a real one.yuo still
the thing is you basically are comparing an Xbox from wish to a real one the EMB-1 cost around 250$ from what i saw and the Wltoys 144001 cost 84$ and for a beginner or someone who just wants cheap indoor fun i think they are 100% worth it but then again i don't have EMB-1 or 144001 i have a a989 and its been super fun i would probably trade my Kraton 6s for it far i mean its over geared sure but i have slammed it in the wall at full speed and it took it like a champ for drifting its fun its crazy fast and i just haven't found anything better for the price but if you still don't agree with me that's also fine i just think for the price you get what you expect and more

I have the 12428-B that I bought for my son a year and a half ago. Granted, he has only ran it a couple dozen times or so. But it has been a rock solid little beast that has withstood a 7 year old turning at full speed and doing cartwheels. And it is still out of the box stock.

It was actually the way I began introducing my son to hobby grade RC as a step up from the New Bright toys from Walmart. I figured if he destroyed it... oh well. But it is still one of his favorite buggies. We built a hopped up Tamiya TT02, but he likes the off-road stuff a lot more. Even with his Granite V3 now, he still has me charge packs for him to drive the 12428. Next up - Kyosho USA-1 (if it ever comes out). Then his Jedi training will be complete 😉

Back