A question on help witht the HPI Firestorm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30-agught-six

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well about 3 weeks ago I got my first Nitro to go out with my buddy and bash. I got an HPI Firestorm with the G3.0 motor and such, it's been running fine until a few days ago. I was driving it and noticed it was VERY LOUD, turns out my header popped lose so I turned it off, fixed it and resealed it.

Yesterday when I went out it would run fine, I could hit full throttle and have it idle while stopped, but randomly it would die. Sometimes it will die when I am at half speed and pull the throttle about 2mm back to make it go faster, other times it will do fine. But it will never run more the 3mins or so. We tried tuning it, the high end, the low end, idle screw, everything. But no matter how much we tuned it, it will die randomly anyway. Do you guys have any idea what could be wrong with the engine, maybe it can be something else?
:\

Note: I am new but my buddy has been into Nitro for 5+ years

Dam said "witht" in the topic post >.<

Last edited:
go through the whole truck and check everything out...glow plug, fuel/pressure lines, etc.

I have, nothing caught my attention and everything seems normal.

Try a new glow plug. I'd check that header out again, too. Did you use a new gasket? Usually a problem like this is caused by something you messed with recently.

Its too rich. Lean out the HSN and LSN.

We have, it will run fine, sound fine, temps are fine, but dies anyway.

Try a new glow plug. I'd check that header out again, too. Did you use a new gasket? Usually a problem like this is caused by something you messed with recently.

I did add a new glow plug, I did reapply the gasket with silicone gasket paste making sure that is was an even spread with none inside of the header or exhaust port.

Also I miss spelled my name to >.< was tired that night.

did you get it working yet?