A little carnage from today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Childresshunt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
t maxx + my son + ramp =

20130501_190809_zps433a3dc5.jpg

20130501_190801_zps8205f8d0.jpg

20130501_190131_zpse61d6903.jpg

Also screwed up my steering linkage tore the ball and screw off it

LOL!! Looks all to familiar.:hehe: As long as you guys enjoyed it thays all that matters.

Nice, looks like a clean break lol. Time for some RPM parts now

oh yea we had a good time only bad thing was this happened on the second tank :( its all good tho I'm now gonna try out the rpm front bulk and brace. yall think I should replace the skid with aluminum or stick with the plastic

Ooops! Looks like you guys had a good time though, props on being a good dad!

thanks man it deff gives me and my son something to enjoy together me and his mom are separated but still friends and just about everytime I go pick him up from her on my week I hear can we run my car daddy. I love those words lol hes still a little rough on driving it by himself I have to control the throttle for him unless I adjust it to where it wont go wide open but for him to be three he does pretty good

oh yea we had a good time only bad thing was this happened on the second tank :( its all good tho I'm now gonna try out the rpm front bulk and brace. yall think I should replace the skid with aluminum or stick with the plastic

Whatever skids you decide on I would get the rpm skid plate covers and run them over top your skid plate. They add a lot of durability, also if your running, aluminum, they help from keeping them getting to beat up.

I jump my maxx a good bit so I believe the plastic skids would do me better ill just be bending the aluminum all the time unless I do like I've seen on here b4 and build a stop onto the bumber. ill deff look into the skid covers to tho I'm gradually upgrading this truck as stuff breaks

I was having the same problem. Even with rpm covers and aluminum bulkheads ones shearing off screws in the bulkhead. I ended up getting some aluminum skids and it had not happened since.

skid2.jpg

I'm thinking about going with the aluminum i just havnt decided yet. i know for sure I'm going with rpm bulk and brace I'm just undecided on skid

---------- Post added at 9:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:53 AM ----------

I'm pretty sure if i hadnt upgraded to the rpm arms that woulda been what broke glad i did tho bc if i hadnt may have been a shock shaft

theres a seller on ebay,rc damper i think i got front and rear skids in aliminum for about 25 shipped and they are great nice and thick and seem to hold up to some serious abuse
i just bout another set they are that good

I think we have all done that a time or 2 haha but hey thats y its a hobby right? I think thats awesome that ur lil man gets to bash a real mans toy haha my daughter is slowly warming up to it though. I would deff agree with the upgrade to a aluminum skid plate specially if ur gonna jump alot.

It prob would have already happened when i broke my stock plastic arms on the right side. Then i upgraded to rpm arms and the breaking point moved. He loves my t maxx I've got 3 other cars a ofna buggy, firestorm, and a revo along with another t maxx i rob parts from every now and again until i get my upgrades in. but everytime i tell him to pick one to run he picks out my upgraded maxx i just set him in my lap so i can get to the controls quickly. I'm planning on upgrading to the aluminum I'm just having trouble picking a good front or front and rear combo out on ebay some look cheezy.

If you use aluminum skids and plan to bash hard I recommend you trim/cut the lip off of the skid and also use the rpm wear plates to cover the skids.
They do not make an Aluminum or Titanium skid that will not eventually bend when bashed hard if left full length.

I was actually already planning on doing so. i was gonna put the rpm cover on and cut it to where only 2 or 2 1/2 inches sticks out above the rpm cover

I trim my aluminum skids even with the rpm wear plate.

I'm gonna let a little stick out at first and see how it looks and if i dont like that ill trim the rest of it off

Back