A little carnage from today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can get a piece of abs plastic you can make your own extended wear plate and tie it into the bumper mounting screws.
I made this wear plate out of the abs plastic from an old Dewalt cordless drill case.
You can see my aluminum skid cut off at the end of the bulkhead. With everything tied together it’s a very solid setup but still leaves a nice cushion on a frontal impact.

Extendedwearplate_zps0788512b.gif

Hey snook have you tried the GA 3mm skids?
The front tucks over the bumper like your plastic one. That one might just hold
Up without being cut.

I know those Chinese ones look cheap but for the money they hold up well I also use the the rpm wear plates with them
I have snapped the front and rear off my e maxx and since I put aluminum skids and chassis braces it is ten times stronger and I bash her hard

Hey snook have you tried the GA 3mm skids?
The front tucks over the bumper like your plastic one. That one might just hold
Up without being cut.

The GA 3mm TI skids were probably the best you could get when they were available. The front has been out of stock for quite some time though.
They would also bend (not nearly as easily as aluminum) if hit hard enough.
I had a set a few years ago that were beat hard when we were into doing all the stunt stuff with the big ramps, they were straightened a few times before they were retired/re-purposed for other parts. :D

I have a set of FLM skids that bolt into the bumper and they have been tough. I have yet to bend the up to bad.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions guys I'm gonna put all of this together and prob do a lil custom fab work on somethin

I wasn't really that impressed with the flm skids my rear is about to snap and the front is twisted beyond belief and they cost me a fortune over here I could of bought 2 sets of ebay specials for the price of the flms

I wasn't really that impressed with the flm skids my rear is about to snap and the front is twisted beyond belief and they cost me a fortune over here I could of bought 2 sets of ebay specials for the price of the flms

Really, that sucks man my FLM's have been tough I bought two sets for like $20.00 off of ebay. I am running the rpm protectors though. The RC Raven aluminum skids are pretty decent to I have run RC Raven bumpers and skids on one of my rigs for a while with minimal bending. It doe not matter if its aluminum eventually it will bend in some shape or form.

i was looking at picking up the rc raven kit with front and rear skid plus a front and rear bumper

i was looking at picking up the rc raven kit with front and rear skid plus a front and rear bumper

Those RC Raven bumpers are tuff as nails I have been beating the crap outta my rig with those mounted to it and not bent the at all. The RC Raven skids are good but like I said aluminum is going to get bent. The good thing about rc raven is there there skids and bumpers pretty much touch together which makes them take a pretty good hit. I have a vid of the truck jumping a good 6 to 7 foot air time with landing on the front bumper with no breakage or bending. I just can't seem to get my vids to load on here.

The set that I got for my e maxx are gpm and I can't say enough good about them
I'm still tossing up whether to buy some replacement flms or get a third set of the gpm one

I'm prob going to get the rc raven set bc if I'm not mistaken it was like 35 bucks for bumpers and skids and depending on how the front bumper and skid meet together ill decide if I'm gonna cut it down or not

Back