4x4 vs 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Do you have a 2wd or a 4x4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The RC Car

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Bashing
If you are wondering whether it's worth it to pay more for AWD, it definitely is. The 2wd trucks are RWD and much harder to control, it is much more likely to fishtail and spin out of control. While the 4x4 won't fishtail or spin out unless you want it to. I driven both, so I am speaking from some experience :)

xmartin216x

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
I own a few of each and just my opinion they can handle about the same if setup properly i have tsm on my 2wd and the esc, along with shocks,and ride height tweek'd and can pull better lap times than with my 4x4 (although 4x4 is stock) My 9yr old drives 2wd all the time (have a hard time keeping up with batteries) and he can keep up with out a doubt around personal track.

The RC Car

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I own a few of each and just my opinion they can handle about the same if setup properly i have tsm on my 2wd and the esc, along with shocks,and ride height tweek'd and can pull better lap times than with my 4x4 (although 4x4 is stock) My 9yr old drives 2wd all the time (have a hard time keeping up with batteries) and he can keep up with out a doubt around personal track.
I agree, with TSM it is definitely about as easy to drive, but a lot of them don't come with TSM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Traxxas 1/10 Nitro Slash 2WD VS. Traxxas 1/10 Nitro Slayer Pro 4X4 Nitro RC 9
W 2wd rear A arm on front of 4x4 Short Course Trucks 3
E Looking to buy 4x4 buggy Electric RC 6
NurturantQuasar What are ways to help keep sand out of slash 4x4 Electric RC 5
NurturantQuasar Monster slash 4x4 destroys spur when full throttle from stand still Electric RC 3
NurturantQuasar How much would cutting a hole in my slash 4x4 body reduce motor and esc temps? Short Course Trucks 3
NurturantQuasar Modifications to turn slash 4x4 vxl into a high speed street monster. Electric RC 0
B Anyone know much about the horizon Ruckus 4x4 Electric RC 5
Thepitstarman Proline pro mt 4x4 motor mount inserts Monster Trucks 2
Thepitstarman Stampede 4x4 3800kv castle motor Monster Trucks 7
Thepitstarman Proline pro mt 4x4 electronics Monster Trucks 22
Kenyon Is the Arrma Kraton 4x4 4S the best 1/10 scale 4x4 truck out there right now? Electric RC 21
tow_glinka Arrma Malvion 3S (Arrma 4x4 3S BLX LWB Truggy) RC Builds and Projects 1
The RC Car Hyped: Slash 4x4 Electric RC 16
B 4x4 RC lawnmover - please help for components RC Builds and Projects 7
lowtechtexas65 Need advice SC 10 4X4 kit (~2016) Short Course Trucks 2
The RC Car Setting up my Slash 4x4 to race. Which motor should I buy? Electric RC 14
J 4x4 slash clutch/diff Short Course Trucks 3
The RC Car Anybody know of a good screw driver set for slash 4x4 under $30? Tools 8
The RC Car Slash 4x4 over heated after long hard drive down the driveway, again 🙄 Electric RC 19
The RC Car Looking for good affordable on-road tires for my Slash 4x4 Short Course Trucks 9
The RC Car Looking for screw set for Slash 4x4, and wondering what spur/pinion combination I should use. Electric RC 4
J 4x4 slash axle carriers Short Course Trucks 15
J Slash 4x4 vxl axles Short Course Trucks 28
Nordstromj2018 Traxxas slayer pro 4x4 won’t start Nitro RC 10
hoonigan What is WORLDS Cheapest BL Combo today NEW for SLASH 4X4 / Big 4wd Shortcourse 1/10. Little Bit Faster. SPLASH PROOF also atleast Short Course Trucks 2
Mattyfats420 Slash 4x4. Brushed Short Course Trucks 4
olds97_lss Bash from 2019/04/15 - Stampede 4x4 and Nitro Revo at the BMX Track General Chaos 3
J Associated 4x4 rtr sct pro light Short Course Trucks 7
olds97_lss Few more Hot Racing updates to my Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL Electric RC 2
olds97_lss Got a Hobbywing max10 sct/3200kv 3660 in my stampede 4x4 Electric RC 27
J Stampede 4x4 VXL TSM rear right axel conecter breaking. Chassis & Drivetrain 4
S Granite 4x4 BLX or Proline MT4x4 Electric RC 22
superticky Help Upgrading Rustler 4x4 brushed with Castle Creations 1410 3800kv Stadium Trucks 6
Slick2500 Stampede 4x4 VXL Electric RC 73
K Traxxas Rustler 4x4 Electric RC 12
WoodiE Traxxas introduces new Rustler 4x4 VXL Stadium Trucks 3
S BLX 4x4 Slash Electric RC 5
WoodiE Arrma Granite & Senton 4x4's get brushless upgrades Electric RC 1
olds97_lss Latest bashing videos 2018-06-23 Savage Flux, Arrma Talion, Traxxas Stampede 4x4 Electric RC 2
biggman100 Beater 4x4 SC, stadium, or buggy Electric RC 9
R Proline Pro Mt 4x4 Electric RC 264
N Best Brushless 4x4 For under $350 Electric RC 2
olds97_lss My second electric rig, stampede 4x4 vxl Electric RC 35
E Slash 4x4 2200kv gearing. Electric RC 12
R Best Motor and ESC for Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platnium at a Good Price. Electric RC 9
Warrior4Jesus Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4 Motor went POOF Nitro RC 4
chaos2767 Picco .21 Slayer Pro 4x4 Short Course Trucks 0
battledonkey Slash 4x4 battery advice please Short Course Trucks 21
fescue101 stampede 4x4 diff? Electric RC 2