4x4 vs 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

Do you have a 2wd or a 4x4?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The RC Car

RCNT Basher
If you are wondering whether it's worth it to pay more for AWD, it definitely is. The 2wd trucks are RWD and much harder to control, it is much more likely to fishtail and spin out of control. While the 4x4 won't fishtail or spin out unless you want it to. I driven both, so I am speaking from some experience :)

xmartin216x

RCNT Rookie
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
I own a few of each and just my opinion they can handle about the same if setup properly i have tsm on my 2wd and the esc, along with shocks,and ride height tweek'd and can pull better lap times than with my 4x4 (although 4x4 is stock) My 9yr old drives 2wd all the time (have a hard time keeping up with batteries) and he can keep up with out a doubt around personal track.

The RC Car

RCNT Basher
I own a few of each and just my opinion they can handle about the same if setup properly i have tsm on my 2wd and the esc, along with shocks,and ride height tweek'd and can pull better lap times than with my 4x4 (although 4x4 is stock) My 9yr old drives 2wd all the time (have a hard time keeping up with batteries) and he can keep up with out a doubt around personal track.
I agree, with TSM it is definitely about as easy to drive, but a lot of them don't come with TSM.