4th of July idiots...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok first let me start off by saying those who know me know I'm a pretty laid back guy and many things don't bother me. However with that said there seemed to be a lot of idiots that managed to ruin watching the fireworks show on the 4th of July.

It started out pretty nice, we arrived at the park around 9 - 9:30 managed to get a parking spot IN the park, and right next to the fair. We walked around a bit at the fair until the show started. Once it started we found a nice opening in the trees that gave us a direct view of the sky and right where the fireworks where being shot off at. We all sat down and started enjoying the show.

Then it happened - the guys running the show shot off a firework that doesn't display much in terms of colors or design but was just a loud BANG. As soon as it blew up 2-3 car alarms started going off. No big deal I'm pretty laid back, some people set their alarms out of habit, that and they shut the alarm off in about 10-15 secs.

Then another firework shot up, this time one of the HUGE ones that seems to cover the sky with all sorts of colors and a loud bang - yup loud bang equals car alarms going off yet again. Once again the car about 40 feet away flashing its lights, honking its horn, sending out its stupid lil siren. Thats when it started...why in the hell would you RE-SET your alarm right after it went off because of the fireworks? He wasn't the only idiot, because once a larger firework went off 3-4 car alarms would go off with it. The car behind us always went off with them as well.

Indiana doesn't have a huge crime rate - even more so in a little town called Brazil. So why in the hell does anyone need to set their car alarm in a PARK!!! Let alone set it when they are sitting right next to it, because the alarms only went off for about 10-15 secs which means the owner was close enough to the car to see and hear it going off then shut it off, only for the idiot to re-set it again.

By this late in the show I was no longer just sitting there looking up at the sky and thinking to myself where all these idiots came from, I was clearly and loudly letting the idiot around me know how i felt about there alarm and the fact they are sitting right next to it. Enough that when I was saying something about it, another firework went off, an alarm went off and some kid in front us asked his dad if that was their car, the dad replied no - I didn't re-set it.

Moral of the story is - Don't set you damn car alarm during a show such as the 4th, and even more so don't set the damn thing when your sitting right next to your car...it's stupid, annoying and NO need for it.

-Michael

That sucks. :( I am suprised the rest of the group didn't gang up on the guy and beat him senseless. I could see it happening the first time. The guy probably didn't know the fireworks could do that. But to set it again, that is beyond stupid.

I had an awesome seat for the local fireworks this year. I watched them from the roof of my work. I was about 4 blocks away from the fireworks location. :)

I've come to accept the fact that there are more idiots in the world than there are people like you and me and alot of the guys on here. Could there be some corolation between playing with cool toys and having a brain? I think so. Everyday I see stupid people doing stupid stuff. It used to bother me alot, but now I just try to keep my distance because most of the time it's not you that gets you hurt, it's the idiot that is cruising along fat dumb and happy. Matter of fact, my dad has told me stories of when he flew in the army it was stupidity that got folks killed, and alot of times some guys that were along for the ride got 86'd along with the idiot that was at the wheel/stick.

The sad fact is that idiots will never learn from their mistakes. They'll just keep on doing the same stupid poop, over and over, and either blame someone else or laugh and make a joke about it trying to cover up their own grey matter inadequicies. I feel your pain Woodie, I really do.

Thank you Woodie!! And as a fellow Hoosier I would just like to let the rest of the country know... Indiana is officially closed to all Dumb Asses!! We are all full up! That is all.. :) Peace.

jim

Last edited:
She should be drown. Not nice and humane like tying a heavy weight to her and pushing it into a deep water area. Something less humane like putting her in a sealed room and letting the water com in day by day until she was totally drowned, a few weeks later. Let her think about her crime while she is dying.

they pulled the body of the other kid out of the river this afternoon.

its just sad that people think its ok to hurt their kids like that.

jim

Thats why you make your own fireworks show like Ed and I. We let off about a grand worth of morters and rockets. No car alarms where we were (on the beach). We had a show as did about 50 other sets of people all up and down the beach. If you turned around you could see the city fireworks so we got a double show. I agree with you WoodiE nothing pisses me off more than car alarms and cell phones while driving. Isnt it funny how people have car alarms but they go off so much nobody pays attention any more because the are so used to it. So why bother. Do like my friend does. He hooks a 12V batt to the door handels so if you try to enter you get shocked.

Last edited:
Originally posted by humboldtblazer
Thats why you make your own fireworks show like Ed and I. We let off about a grand worth of morters and rockets.

Well not all of us have the luxury of dropping $50 on fireworks let alone a grand.

Yes I agree, it's kinda ironic how alarms are so common to us anymore that most people don't even stop to look or even thinks anything about it.

-Michael

Back