4hours enduro race.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neobart

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I just got back from the 4 team 4 hours enduro race today, and I had a blast.

I am akin all over though, read on and learn why.

My and my buddy John from the local club drove out at 0530 this morning, and arrived at the track at 0830. We met up why two other drivers making it a team of four. Two Revo 3.3's, a CEN Matrix and my 8ight-T.

We each drove ten laps around the track for training/qualifying(the timetable had to be compressed because of weather forecasting heavy rain in the afternoon), and I ended up qualifying us 3rd. This is my second racing event ever and allot of the racers there are seasoned ones, so 2.2 seconds behind the TQ team gave me a boost of confidence.

Race time came and my pit man dropped my down way to late(I was elected to start us off), and I was behind for the first 20min, and it didn't help that I had forgotten to tighten the grub screw holding on the wheel hex pin........twice. :nono:

The 20min mark came and it was time to switch drivers. Out went the revos and unfortunately both of them broke down within the hour, leaving me and John to carry us through the race. John Took his 20min holding our position at dead last with 12 laps up to number 10. There was originally 12 teams entered, but one team chickened out because of the weather forecast.

I took a 40min stint next, doing nothing to improve our position. I had three flame outs during this, which was easily fixed by raising the idle. Another stint by john followed where he held our position nicely, staying to plan and keeping out of trouble(it is 4 hours after all).

Now came my moment of glory...........After a 53min stint with some of the best and most consistent driving I've ever done, I had driven us from 10th to 6th.:banana:

With only 20min to spare I felt I could pack up my car and leave John to carry it home........WRONG. After 8min his receiver died, and since I had no intention of getting a DNF again(last year my engine blew with 4min to go), we got my car started up. In the 5min I was of the track it had turned from sticky clay to one inch deep mud(luckily the track was great until the 3.30 mark).

Right now my back is killing me and my legs and arms are soar, but I don give a poop. I feel to good about my performance today. :celebrate3:

I will post pictures as they come. As you can tell I didn't have any time to take any.

Damn, that sounds like torture. But a lot of fun all the same. So what place did you guys end up in at the end? Glad you had a good time.

We ended up at sixth.

WOW 4 hours!!! My eyes would look like: :hypno: :hypno:

Sounds like you had a good time though. Congrats on the 6th place also!
-D

Thanks guys. It's not so much the eyes, it's the back, shoulder and arms. At one point my legs where asleep.

Here are some pics of my car. Out of the 200 pics this guy took over 50 where of mine.

1400x933-_MG_4600.gif

1400x933-_MG_4177.gif

This is how qualification results. We are RMCJ Racers.
1400x933-_MG_4123.gif

I can't run my stuff for more than an hour at a time. I get a nasty pinch between my shoulder blades. Then I typically sit for 15 minutes or so fiddling with the truck or helping my bash buddies and I run again.

I think Nomadio is on to something with their weird transmitter... Kind of like my ergo keyboard.

Were it not for my Sensor, I could not have made those long sessions.