3s to 6s Typhon conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool on the typhon 3s to 6s convertion and decent speed and how much did you spend on The convertion? ? i ask because i have gotten my typhon 3s up to almozt 60 mph (58.7mph) on stock electronics I'm Just sayin seems like alot of cost for a small increase
I spent nothing on this conversion as I had a spare BLX 185 esc and BLX 2050kv motor lying around. Running the 6s motor and esc is not the best for realtime speed runs. A dedicated higher end esc like a Castle Mamba Monster X 83 or XLX2 are better suited to speed runs. As for the motor, you can only wind up stock motors to mediocre rpms before they melt inside. Speed running requires purpose built motors designed to handle these ridiculously high rpms. I've destroyed many stock motors and esc's learning this.
That was his first time running in the winter here. He has gotten upto 105. I am at 97 on a short pull. Others are at like 140 mph running castle
I ran the stock motor (3200kv) to 105 which was as fast as I think it could go before melting everything inside. The esc's are all Castle now, so this year it will be playing with motors and gearing in the Vendetta first, then possibly switching back to the Granite. My Typhon 3s is likely to become a basher again.

Back