.28 dynamite pull start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coyotedog1

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
My .28 dynamite pull start broke after two tank run very cheap pull start. Question can I replace with a spin start if so what brand and any modifications or any other options thanks.

I honestly prefer the pullstarts but, if you're planning to change, do you already have the battery powered turner? I wouldn't say the standard HSP one has enough power to turn a .28 bigblock. But their roto-start backplate is strong enough for a .28. The HPI rotostart, if they still make them, should be powerful enough for a .28 on a 2s battery and can even be used on a 3s battery.

If you're asking because you think pullstarters will keep breaking: I know those cheap pullstarters and their rope breaks on bigblocks but they're enough for me on smallblocks. There is a upgraded version of them here:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqCFnVC
I don't care about the casing being metal but their rope is upgraded and hasn't broken on the f4.6 for me