26cc two cycle oil, recommendation and ratio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff J

RC Newbie
Reaction score
What’s the best two cycle oil to run in a 26 cc motor Losi fiveT and what do you guys recommend the ratio be it’s already broke in

Always used 25:1 and a little extra oil .got a 28 year old ryobi weed whip still going strong . but that aint rc.oil can't say to many haters here,but it aint 2 stroke.atf baby..lol

I was a gardener an a small engine repair service for my local town for years ,25.1 fuel & oil
mix is too much oil for weed eaters & blowers it will foul plugs an clog spark resistors
in the mufflers an also cause exhaust port to cake up!

However ,that ratio maybe fine for an RC engine!.. :hehe: :cool:

When I was running motos and Banshees I always ran Klotz Supertechniplate or Benol. The klotz smells so good 😂.

As far as mixture I usually ran 32:1 but I have no idea what’ll work in your application.

32:1 is a pretty safe place to start then you can adjust the mixture as needed. Just remember the 32 represents fuel and the 1 represents oil. So if you went from 32:1 to 25:1, the 25:1 would be more oil or less fuel depending on how you want to look at it. On the other side 40:1 would be less oil and more fuel.

If you make a ratio change you will probably need to make some adjustments to the carb to compensate.

The more oil you put in the mix means less fuel that makes it to the combustion chamber. So with too much oil you can actually lean out the burn and run into overheating issues. It’s sort of a mind bender to think about sometimes.

If you stop into a power sports dealer they should have a Ratio Rite cup for sale. I’ve found that is the best tool to get your mixture correct and consistent. Amazon has them too but it’s more fun to go to the Bike shop.

Hope this helps and I didn’t confuse you even more! 😂

Back