2010 Emaxx Brushless Edition ESC question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakebullett

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hello! I take the 2010 Traxxas Emaxx Brushless out every now and again. Had it out today, still runs like a peach. However, the braking is ridiculous. Just tapping the brake sends this thing into an endo. Does anyone know anything about the 6s Castle Mamba ESC that came with this truck? Is it programmable using one of the HW program cards?

20230302_175403.jpg
20230302_175228.jpg
amba ESC that came

Hello! I take the 2010 Traxxas Emaxx Brushless out every now and again. Had it out today, still runs like a peach. However, the braking is ridiculous. Just tapping the brake sends this thing into an endo. Does anyone know anything about the 6s Castle Mamba ESC that came with this truck? Is it programmable using one of the HW program cards?

View attachment 161092View attachment 161093amba ESC that came
Ahhhhhh, one of the few ESC/motor combos ever used by Traxxas that were actually good! Since that ESC is essentially a Castle Mamba Monster clone it can be programmed using a Castle Link or a Castle programming card.

You definitely cannot program that with a Hobbywing Card. The attached link is the manual for that ESC. Are you using the traxxas remote? I'm not sure you can change the brake rate with the stock remote.

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/KC2021-R00-MXL-6s ESC Installation Instructions_EN.pdf
thank you for the link, I sure do appreciate that!!
Ahhhhhh, one of the few ESC/motor combos ever used by Traxxas that were actually good! Since that ESC is essentially a Castle Mamba Monster clone it can be programmed using a Castle Link or a Castle programming card.
Well that's refreshing to hear. I usually don't get lucky like that. I'm going to reset the esc using the directions in the manual. If that doesn't help, I will have to buy yet another program card lol!
Greywolf, can you tell me if this is the correct card for this ESC? https://www.castlecreations.com/en/field-link-for-driving-010-0063-00