2 questions so i can better understand the airplane hobby

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyke_696

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok i see alot of different channels 4 to 9 ...i understand 4 but thats the rest do 4manage is u basic side to side up n down and spins ect. Whats the use for more???

Also i see different planes warbirds ..acro ..and bi planes ect ...is that just ur preference in looks or do they do different stunts and ect .. ? Sorry I'm new this side of my rc hobby

---------- Post added at 9:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:02 AM ----------

I know acro is acrobatic I'm just trying to under stand so i know my place after i learn so i know what i want to fly as my main plane ...as of now i have a 4channel trainer and a gas piper cub for after i learn but i want to get something else after i get good and know mmy place

Channels 5 & 6 are for landing gear and flaps.

Sent from my padded cell...

What do u meen by flaps what do they do? Sorry I'm new 2to this again

Here ill do research on the flaps to understand it best but whats the difference in the airplane types any thing major? Other than looks like what can bi wing do that war birds can't and that can acro do that the other ones can't ect ..

Warbirds are capable of many of the same maneuvers as the stunt or acrobatic planes. The warbirds are scale representations of military aircraft.

Biplanes are planes with a dual main wing and tend to be a bit slower due to added drag of the extra wing. They are also capable of acrobatics as well. They also tend to be a bit more docile because the second wing adds extra lift (and also drag).

Acrobatic planes are aircraft with very sharp responses to the controls. They are frequently used in competition and can do extremely aggressive maneuvers. They also have a high power-to weight ratio which gives them the power to climb vertically without stalling at full throttle.

Flaps are control surfaces that enhance the lift a wing provides by drooping from the rear of the wing on command. They also slow the plane as the added lift also causes drag.

Wow lol thank you i must say I'm a thorn in these forums however you are like an rc god hamz u alsways have the answer to my questions but with all that i got some plane research to find what i want but i think ill go with one of 3different warbirds .... fockewulf ...messerschmitt ....or a f4u

---------- Post added at 1:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:04 PM ----------

Ty also i did research on the flaps idk that ill ever need to get into that deep of detail but u never know but thanks again hamz

If this is your first plane you might want to try a 3 channel plane like the Champ, it is a nice slow park flyer that will teach you how to fly, and most of all help you with right is left and left is right when coming to you. Taking out a nice 4CH plane for your first time can only lead to eating dirt and the walk of shame with your plastic baggie. (Trust me I know this) I fly planes and heli's as well as run my nitro trucks and electric buggies. I have done the walk of shame more times then I like to remember, mostly with my heli's though lol.

If you need any help, post here or PM me and I will be more then happy to help.

wwdragon

Back