2 channel led lights to the power source help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

street silence

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I wanna install this led strips but have no open source on my receiver. Do they have a switch or cable out there?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 57
Would this work?

Attachments

• C98A3093-242C-4AA8-A5D3-9096C8143B82.jpeg
    C98A3093-242C-4AA8-A5D3-9096C8143B82.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 44
Is there a cable to connect it to the batt. side on the receiver?
Those are completely separate units that have their own switch, and you just put in AA or AAA batteries. They are completely self contained, so that they dont need to be connected to the ESC or the car battery. The power comes from the AA or AAA batteries..

I've run into almost this same problem. I bought this battery case (they also make them for 9V) but the various lights I have also have a male plug. I tried searching for a female-to-female adapter with no luck (although there are plenty of male-to-male adapters available). Is it impossible to have a female-to-female adapter for this type of connection? Does this type of connection have a name?

Rn the rig had to get a new plastic clip as soon as I connected the charger the wires came off

HERE'S what you need to tie in the black connector in your hand (Called a JST or Futaba connector) to the red connecotrs (JR connectors) of your receiver battery pack and still be able to plug in the receiver.

I would suggest getting on ebay and buying the pieces and the proper crimping tool to make your own plugs and adpaters. Its a lot cheaper in the long run and you can get exactly what you need :)

👌
I added a traxxas 1200 battery but the plugs where both black

Now I gotta connect the two plugs for it to charge with out taking the battery off the rig. The one that goes on the receiver & the battery one

So I had gotten one of those charging switches & have to remove the battery & plug in both the switch with the charging port and the battery for it to charge with a y connector

So I had gotten one of those charging switches & have to remove the battery & plug in both the switch with the charging port and the battery for it to charge with a y connector
Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about.

One of the on/off switch with the charging port

Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about.
This is what I mean. One is for the wall charger & the other comes from the battery. As soon as I connected my AE rx charger it broke the plastic that holds the cable it just snapped out

Attachments

• 00A781E7-65E0-4EB9-9AF6-A16BC213304F.jpeg
    00A781E7-65E0-4EB9-9AF6-A16BC213304F.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 39
This is what I mean. One is for the wall charger & the other comes from the battery. As soon as I connected my AE rx charger it broke the plastic that holds the cable it just snapped out
IDK what you're trying to do. you're holding two male ends as if they go together, or at least thats what it looks like

IDK what you're trying to do. you're holding two male ends as if they go together, or at least thats what it looks like

I've run into almost this same problem. I bought this battery case (they also make them for 9V) but the various lights I have also have a male plug. I tried searching for a female-to-female adapter with no luck (although there are plenty of male-to-male adapters available). Is it impossible to have a female-to-female adapter for this type of connection? Does this type of connection have a name?
You need

2mm Pin Strip Single Row Header​

83600-951112-8622-ar-1.jpg

One of them is from the battery (the second picture) to the receiver. The first picture shows the charging switch cable, it has a charger plug so you don’t have to need to remove the battery. That’s the red cable it goes directly to the wall charger

One of them is from the battery (the second picture) to the receiver. The first picture shows the charging switch cable, it has a charger plug so you don’t have to need to remove the battery. That’s the red cable it goes directly to the wall charger
The plug coming off the battery pack needs to plug in to the "batt" slot of your receiver which in the first picture it looked like it was even though its connected via JR connectors and typically that should be a futaba connector. Where ever you're trying to plug those various futaba connectors in that you are saying keeps breaking is still a mystery to me. Keep trying to explain and supply pics (or a video would be even better) of what you're trying to do. Hopefully we'll get it figured out eventually.