2.5 Tmaxx tranny issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pattertickle

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So awhile ago I was running my Maxx and it flipped over, after flipping it right side up it wouldn't go in forward or reverse. I have tons of spare parts and a spare tranny so I swapped out the trannys. Fired it up and only went in reverse, opened both and cleaned with carb cleaner, reassembled without reverse, and still only reverse. So instead of taking it to the RC mechanic I decided I'd order a new FOC, and single speed setup so I know it's done right. To my surprise, still goes in reverse only. I have no idea what's going on, any all advice/suggestions is greatly appreciated, thank you ahead of time.

Did you have the diffs out while you had it apart? I'd double check and make sure they're in correctly.

I'm gonna pull the diffs next, would switching the back to the front correct the problem?

No, look at the parts breakdown in the owners manual or Traxxas website and make sure they're not upside down.

Right on, been watching videos on diffs and I'm pretty sure flipping the over Wil correct it. Thanks again for your advice and your patience.

Don't feel bad. We've all been there. I've actually had 1 diff in properly and 1 backwards and couldn't figure out why my rig wouldn't move...

Neither. It was a crawler that I had put a Currie on the front and forgot that it is a reverse rotation... D'oh!

Eh, at least it was an easy fix! :thumbs-up: Def have done worse myself!!!

So you were right, both diffs were installed backwards. I cleaned it and re-installed correctly and it works just fine. Thank you again for your help and steering me in the right direction.

So you were right, both diffs were installed backwards. I cleaned it and re-installed correctly and it works just fine. Thank you again for your help and steering me in the right direction.
No problem man, that's what we're here for.

Back