2.5 driving me nuts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxBlack

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So my buddy bought a tmaxx 2.5 a few months ago and between him and I we always have something broke so we have just been swaping my 3.3 between the trucks.
Now we finally have both together with no problems and the 2.5 has decided it no longer wants to idle, or even warm up really. It cuts out at idle like its running rich even tho I have leaned it down to about 1 turn out on the lsn and 3 turns on the hsn. It never seems to heat up either.

I have run the 3.3 on both fuel tanks and fuel lines with no issues. Have checked the compression pinch and for any air leaks on the 2.5. Idle gap was set with a paper clip.

Wide open it seems to run just like it should but the second it drops to idle it runs about 5 seconds and cuts out.

Sorry for the long post just want to put everything I know out there. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Usually, When they will not Idle at all no matter what you do, usually meens the pinch is getting weak. Sounds like this is your problem.

You sir are correct. I had not torn it apart was just checking compression by feel on the flywheel. While it had decent compression once pulled apart the piston goes threw the top of the sleeve....

Back