2.4ghz Tx/Rx for E Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMilkMan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all,
First post! (yay). I had a question for you all. I have a E Maxx 3905 I converted to 3908. It still had the factory AM radio. I do not have the original digital waterproof servos, I opted for duel 236oz in servos that are analogue. I know that a 2.4 has a faster refresh rate that analogue servos cannot handle. I was wondering if there are any 2.4 radios that support analogue servos. I was looking for one that comes with a TX/RX that is relatively priced. Thanks guys.

New sig: Dr. Octogonapus
BLARG!!!!!!!

Isn't the 3pm an FM radio?

BLARG!!!!!!!

How much did you get it for and where?
Edit: I forgot to mention I tried a Futaba 3pkra and it would steer one direction fine (but very slowly) but the other direction would go halfway, go back to neutral, then full, and jitter. I tried a digital servo in another vehicle with same rx/tx and it worked fine.

BLARG!!!!!!!

Oh. I kinda looked at one on eBay but it seemed expensive. I got my 3pkra with RX for $65. The eBay one you suggested was $100~. I was looking to stay below 50 but a little over is fine. I'm going to try a airtronics 75mhz fm radio as soon as my slipper rebuild kit comes in the mail. I'm mainly looking for range, and glitch free. I do an occasional speed run, but I want the peice of mind when running full speed that it won't take off and crash.

BLARG!!!!!!!

Like for a nitro?

BLARG!!!!!!!

Duh,I forgot you were running an E-Maxx :whhooo:

I was just doing a little research and several say that most 2.4s will work with analog too but I don't have any personal experience with anything else to confirm it.

Would a nitro fail safe work on an electric e Maxx? I'm running a MMP on 4s with a Tacon 4074 2150kv motor. Setup works great, just need a reliable 2.4 that does anolog

BLARG!!!!!!!

Guys?

BLARG!!!!!!!

Hellllloooooooo

BLARG!!!!!!!