2.2 Foams for Crawler Tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MailManX

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have been enjoying buying, modding and running RC trucks and cars for 5 years. However, I've always been into the run-fast-bash-and-crash scene. Foams don't matter for that, so I never bothered to learn about them.

I just purchased an RC4WD Bully II MOA kit to experiment with. There is a lot of granite around my neighborhood, so I want to have a truck for crawling. What is the current train of thought for 2.2 foams used for 100-percent crawling? Soft? Medium? Memory? Dual Stage? I need to become edjukated on this topic! I already got the tires: Ottsix Voodoo Pins.

@MailManX I never got all that involved in the crawler scene but I know both @slowngreen and @NCNitro have a lot of experience between the two of them. Hopefully they will be able to help you.

Memory foam is no good since its temperature sensative.
A good dual stage will be the ticket. I'd go firm outter for the rear and medium up front.

http://crawlerinnovations.com/double-deuce/2-2-5-5/

My favorite foams were a single stage made by Panther called f400. But I don't know if you can find them now.

Back