1 speed to 2 speed?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Guys,

Is there a way of turning a 1 speed center diff into a 2 speed?

Make is:

Thunder Tiger EB4 S2 Pro.

thanks in advance.

I did some research found this youtube video

In it he has an EB4 S2 with a 2speed and he mentions using part #kyoigw008 from Amain, and its Kyosho 2-speed transmission setup. He doesn't specify what mods it took to make it fit. I will search more and see if anything else pops up.

------ EDIT i found this later

There is a 2speed conversion for the s3 the part number is PD2267 this is everything I could find on the said subject hopefully som eof the pros around here can help ya more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for taking the time to find this for me :) very much appreciated!

I am currently doing this conversion myself. I'm using the above mentioned kyosho diff, spur, and diff mount. What I have done so far is drilled out the holes for the diff mount and attached the kyosho bell to the tt21 with a bit of fettling. From my progress so far it is defonately possible, the things to note are that the front centre axle, which I'm sourcing right now, from my initial measurements needs to be shorter. The petrol tank needs to be raised up to clear the 2 speed bell(or swapped out for a differant/smaller one. Apart from these problems, mine is coming on quite well indeed.ill add some pictures later on

---------- Post added at 8:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:55 AM ----------

The only thing I havnt addressed is the diff mount is slightly higher but from my guesstimation the linkages will still fit.

The reason I chose to attempt this is because I've seen I clip of someone on YouTube claiming to have done this, but offer no more info at all! The other reason is because the new style kyosho 2 speed is not a pawl type clutch, from my experience are very unreliable. I'll be posting pictures and hopefully when completed, a walk through for all the people interested in this mod(coz I know there's a few) . I'm not bothered about off road ability as such, as I would of just kept the 1 speed, its purely a challenge!

---------- Post added at 8:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:03 AM ----------

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A215A12CD71DBC9D!121&authkey=!AI2QVIN3mkut7GI

---------- Post added at 8:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:07 AM ----------

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A215A12CD71DBC9D!120&authkey=!APZktObtLuHb3Qg

Back