1/5 scale newbie

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj122602

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey all. I am new to this, so I might ask a lot of questions. I jumped in with both feet and bought an 1/5 scale Exceed Hannibal. Please don't tell me I got robbed. :D I'm not racing, just looking to have some fun with my son and grandson.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to RCNT

post some pictures of your new ride so we can check it out.

Thank you. I ordered a Exceed Hannibal, should be here Thurday (can't wait). I have read several posts in the forum about the Hannibal that weren't to good. Makes me think I made a boo boo. Some say you can't get parts. Most of the posts are over a year old. What is the situation now? The site in Texas where I got mione from seems to have a lot of parts for it. This is the link... http://www.nitrorcx.com/newrtrexrcha.html
Any new info on these would be great, as it is my first RC and I got it because of the engine, and 4x4 stuff. Thanks guys

The issue with parts is that you are pretty much stuck with the one source for getting them. You won't find any at the usual RC places like Tower or AMain. I can't even find any on eBay.

Price is right for a 5th scale 4x4 so have fun with is.

Post up pics and such in the 5th scale section once you get it.

The good thing about getting them from the same place is they already have my info so ordering should be easy (I hope), and I know how long it will take to get them (unless out of stock). On the other hand, I have programmed CNC's for 25 years. There isn't much I can't make if I need to on a machine! 8) , and a new motor is about 120 bucks. I'll post pics when I get it. I'm already contemplating making better parts for it myself. (BWAAHAHAHAA) How fast do these Hannibals go?

Where can I get an aftermarket exaust tube for the 30cc IE36F motor, and better springs for the clutch? Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Well, 10 mins out the box, breaking in the engine on a box in the garage (with the doors open) . I hit a couple curbs and a tree soon as I got it out on the road. Broke the steering link. Gonna make them out of aluminum at work. Hopefully I will get them done tomorrow. bummer. I guess I need a lot more practice. lol

haha :p hopefully that aluminum will help! and as long as your having fun with your son and grandson, who cares. good luck with the truck!

Moved thread to 5th scale section.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:58 AM ----------

Where can I get an aftermarket exaust tube for the 30cc IE36F motor, and better springs for the clutch? Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Check out DDM.

www.davesmotors.com

If you happen to order from them, use code DDM during checkout for 5% off your order.

The aluminum parts I made worked great, did a bunch of jumps and an awesome barrel roll which it landed on its tires and kept on going. About 20 mins into bashing it stalled and now won't start. The Hannibal truck is fast when its running. Gonna try a new plug and readjusting the carb. Hope that works. Ill post a pic when I find the 5th scale pics!!

The Hannibal is very close to a Redcat Racing model. Check RedcatRacing.com and see if the parts you need are listed.

Thanks Ram, still couldn't find an exhaust gasket. I got a number for a local guy that runs the 5th scale. Going to give him a call tonight to see if he knows of anywhere local. Its a weed whacker motor for cripes sake. lol

GoPed dealers will also have engine parts. There are lots of guys in Michigan running Bajas, so just look around.

I found a local guy that gave me a place to look for them. I found the at large scale rc.com.. Also got better spark plugs and a gasket overhal set, just in case. Looking at it again today though, it looks like the jug is cracked between a couple of the fins toward the top. :angry: Trying to figure out what interchanges with the 30cc cy motor. Not looking to spend $300 though. I'm still a newbie here! :hehe:

Any of the CY head kits will interchange. You can get a $75 easy kit, or anything up to a ported and stuffed crankcase kit.

I'm looking at this one in particular, as it is a CY, and it is in my price range. I found it at DDM. I figure my tuned pipe will fit right on it with the heavy duty exhaust gaskets I found. Hope to be back to bashing next weekend! :D

bb51x - ESP Modified 30.5cc CY31RC Engine 4+ HP

Have you tried daves discount motors, davesmotors.com

Got the CY engine I was looking at, 303$. It is a stroker and sounds mean. Got it at DDM. Thanks for the info.

After a couple months of running (and breaking it in right), this thing screams. I put an 8k spring in the clutch and had to upgrade to steel drive gears. I brutalize it weekly and have broken very few parts. The last part I broke was a diff. cup. Red cat part was the same. The body is getting kinda rough as I roll it often.

Back