1/5 scale crawler.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I had seen this the other day in a different video by the same guy. Now tell the truth is it wrong to want one.....based on how it dwarfs a 1/10. I think the body sucks though.

Last edited by a moderator:
100% the body is the only part of it worth a crap to me on that rig, great comp body... 1/5 crawlers can't be sick, but you need to dump $2k into one to do so, I'm my opinion. Berg or bully.

It does start the wheels turning though.

I think I'd eventually like to build something this size. Might be fun. You know custom axles, a 1/8 motor.

2k...I'm almost there with the wraith!.....and I'm still not quite to the point where I'd like to show it around a bit.

Come to think of it, that body could/might work for my FLM savage if I trimmed the doors a bit.

Last edited:
So I had a chat today with someone over at GCM, mostly about my 4TEN 2WD kit, but he says he can make what ever I like. So with this new possibility is there a specific type/size of gears that can be used for something this size......so that I could have one that's not junk.
If the place where I work had more fabricating tools, well other than chop saws, threaders, and welders. I'd try chassis plates on my own, but as it stands we contract out to a near by town.

Looks ridiculous and it's performance or lack thereof looks awful.

I'd go with a decent 1/5 scale power setup. Either a good gas or electric. On a dedicated crawler, I'd go with the Castle Creations 1/5 scale setup.

I'm glad the Crawler vs. Squirrel stare down didn't escalate into something serious.

I tried that with my new dog, I don't think she likes r/c anything, I am now short 2 dirt hawgs.

I just watched the video and it brought back memories! It reminded me of my first home made TLT "crawler conversion" lol

I think a 1/5 crawler could be cool but this was a poor example.

Last edited:
So I did a google image search for berg or bully, and I still not sure it they're MOA axles or crawler kits w/MOA axles.......not too many of the chassis look similar. I hate late night reading.....I'd rather play magic puzzles.

that was painful to watch

Back