1/24th Drift RC Electronics Advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB_DriftArt

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I am recently getting into 1/24th scale RC drifting. Having a bit of trouble though. As I am new to this, not really sure what good sources there are for just 1/24th scale stuff.

Sometimes I’ll be looking at a motor, or ESC, or something and I’ll check around for reviews on multiple sites, and then by the 3rd site I find out it’s a 1/10th scale item even though I’m specifically searching for 1/24th scale electronics.

Quick rundown of what I currently have:

Chassis:
Drift Art 2.6ex Chassis
Drift Art 3s Chassis (on pre-order currently)

Electronics:
DriftArt DVF-AFRC V3 Servo DA-SV-D1
DriftArt HGV4 gyro with Shell Red DA-GYSL-4CR

Controller:
Futaba 10PX

I am looking for some recommendations on any of my missing electronics. If they are compatible with the fancier features of the 10PX that would be great (the real time tuning and adjusting stuff). But even if it can’t be done with just the 10PX (I’ve learned most electronics with these features are 1/10th scale unfortunately ex. Acuvance Xarvis XX). I would like some real time way of making adjustments, I’ve seen some parts mentioning iOS apps and such with Hobby Wing and Furitek parts.

I have a fairly good budget remaining for the rest of the electronics. I don’t mind spending extra for nice added features. such as real time adjusting and that stuff. I am in search of a quality ESC right now, looking for something sensored, brushless, and will play well with my 10PX for any added bells and whistles. Currently researching the “ATOMIC Mini 24A Sensored ESC”. I know the ESC I choose will determine my choices for possible batteries & motors so if their is a better option out there far as ESC’s go please drop the item or link below.

Once I have ordered the ESC I will be looking for recommendations of motors & batteries, just don’t want to get ahead of myself and end up with parts that are incompatible.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Welcome in @CB_DriftArt , problem solved.
I don't run drifters but I do run two 1/24 Furitek systems and I highly recommend them. Furitek

Thanks for the link. Will check it out shortly. Would you place the Furitek Momentum above say a Hobbywing EZRUN Mini28 with OTA Programming module? If you have any experience using it of corse.

I know this sounds like a pretty noob question but just want to triple check. I should be able to run pretty much any controller I wish, as long as I buy the corresponding futaba transmitter right? Jw, already have a bit invested into the controller and would hate to be buying transmitters that I can’t use.

Furitek has a lot of stuff for small scale drift cars. I think that is what they started out with actually.

I wasn't aware 24th scale drifting was a thing. Thats pretty cool tho. Ill be interested to see your build
Well glad to hear you found something new today. Once I have a couple more parts sourced I will start a build thread to show it off and show some size comparisons to every day stuff.
I think a table top drift would be pretty fun.
Yes, this is exactly my plan, there’s no real places to go for tournaments or races or anything remotely close to me. So I plan on starting on the table top, then getting a floor mat after alittle while when I get better at holding a drift.

Eventually I plan to move up to 1/10, that’s why I picked the controller I did. But with space what it is right now kinda had to hold off until a few things change. No use in having a fully built car with no where to use it lol.

Those chassis you are using are ridiculously expensive! But they look amazing. Can't wait to see the builds!

Those chassis you are using are ridiculously expensive! But they look amazing. Can't wait to see the builds!
Yes. They are pretty much fully optioned out. Being new to this I am hoping to run into fewer size or fitment issues thanks to the chassis I chose. They are extremely adjustable, I think as small as somewhere in the mid 80’s wheel base all the way up to and over 100 I’ve seen. Once I’ve got some stuff put together I will make a new thread to show it and post progress updates.

Thinking about making a build video for it too. Since I’m a noob I should run into almost any issue that you can. And hopefully someone can learn from my mistakes and make this scale of drifting alittle earlier to get into by watching.

Yes. They are pretty much fully optioned out. Being new to this I am hoping to run into fewer size or fitment issues thanks to the chassis I chose. They are extremely adjustable, I think as small as somewhere in the mid 80’s wheel base all the way up to and over 100 I’ve seen. Once I’ve got some stuff put together I will make a new thread to show it and post progress updates.

Thinking about making a build video for it too. Since I’m a noob I should run into almost any issue that you can. And hopefully someone can learn from my mistakes and make this scale of drifting alittle earlier to get into by watching.
I love small scale RC stuff, and have really been wanting to grab a couple Mini Z's. But I currently have too many projects lined up, and very little in the way of funds. So I will be looking forward to the build thread and vids if you put any out there.

I’ll be watching, I’m definitely interested! 👌

Thanks for the link. Will check it out shortly. Would you place the Furitek Momentum above say a Hobbywing EZRUN Mini28 with OTA Programming module? If you have any experience using it of corse.

I know this sounds like a pretty noob question but just want to triple check. I should be able to run pretty much any controller I wish, as long as I buy the corresponding futaba transmitter right? Jw, already have a bit invested into the controller and would hate to be buying transmitters that I can’t use.
Without doubt.

I wanna see 👀

Back