1/24 Scale Overland Trailer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
So I figured I'd start a thread on this little guy since I have the design finalized and all the parts printed. It's going to be pretty sweet.

Side panels glued on.
20220505_103242.jpg

Got the frame, roof racks, front foot well, axle housing (there will be two tiny bearings on each wheel axle), leaf springs and shackles printed.
20220505_104213.jpg

Just to show you how tiny this stuff is.
20220505_104310.jpg

And I found a cool little ball hitch for it by Du-Bro.
20220505_104240.jpg

The hitch actually snaps in, so it can be quickly removed from the receiver when not tuggin the trailer.
Overland Trailer Hitch.png

A little size comparison to a Deadbolt body.
20220505_104447.jpg

I will be printing a few extras for Xmas gifts 😉

Tires and wheels ordered. Last pieces of the puzzle besides some accessories for the roof.
Screenshot_20220505-122652_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
The teeny tiny axle bearings just showed up.
20220505_124054.jpg

Looking great. If I can find a 2007+ f250+, or a silverado 1998, 2002+, I will probably buy one. Then another one or two for the trailer. I'm starting to think the 24 is a huge cult.......

Gonna watch how this pans out. Tiny bearings, I may need tweezers. Dubro makes some cool non airplane stuff for airplanes.

I think a cool accessory would be a propane tank in the front of that trailer.
OK @Xraycer - Your wish is my command.
Overland Trailer 2.png

...I'm starting to think the 24 is a huge cult.......
You know it sure is. If it isn't, maybe we need to start one 👽 I have 3 more builds in the works after my Carnage build, and they just get crazier.

I got deep into the WPL trucks just because there was so much potential for customization. But the aftermarket for the SCX24 is sooo much better quality stuff, and there are so many options. I am actually considering buying an Ender 3 V2 printer just so I can keep a .2mm nozzle in it for this small stuff. The .4mm is just too big for this tiny stuff, but I am too lazy to change it between the two sizes because I don't want to print at .2 all the time. It's a bit small for most things. That and these tiny parts just look stupid on a printer with a 500mm build plate.

Last edited:
I am not sure how many I plan to make. I am building 2 right now. It's a very tedious build that is going to have me pulling my hair out by the time I get to the leaf springs.

Waiting on parts to arrive is killing me. The screws for assembling the chassis should be here tomorrow, but the wheels from RC4WD have yet to ship, which are coming from California. So I am going to try to get the body of the trailer into the booth later this evening.

The truck is purple and gold. Do you guys think I should paint match this? Or just leave it black and more universal so it can be used on other rigs? If I color match this to the truck, I will paint the wheels gold like the cage on the truck.

Ok. I will paint it purple with the bronze wheels. I ordered some new paint that will hopefully match the bronze wheels that Boom Racing sells.

Been busy modeling and printing some accessories. The recovery ramps and Jerry can are a Thingiverse design, but I did the propane tank and Jerry can mount.
20220509_190902.jpg

20220509_191409.jpg