1/18 Electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aligc

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi, I'm after a half decent electric truck... I've been looking at the latrax teton as I'm a traxxas fan... Just wondering if any of you know if they are any good??

Thanks in advance!

I I have no experience with latrax, but the associated Mini rival (a renamed rc18t), is a decent 1/18. Shafts driven 4x4 and the platform has been in production more than 10 years.

Main thing, too me at least with lesser brands, is looking for parts availability, not just upgrades but actual drive train replacements like gears, shafts, suspension arms and so on. If you can find those, then you know you can at least keep it drive-able.

I I have no experience with latrax, but the associated Mini rival (a renamed rc18t), is a decent 1/18. Shafts driven 4x4 and the platform has been in production more than 10 years.
Actually it has been revised and the RC-18TII is belt driven now. The best bang for the money, IMO, is the 1/16 ERevo family (mERV, Slash, Rally) are decently tough out of the box and have tons of aftermarket support.
The LaTrax that I saw were really cheaply made by comparison and I haven't seen many upgrades for them that are available.

The rc18tII is belt driven. I was talking about the mini rival, which is a renamed rc18t or MT, identical to the original.

They're also 115 bucks now on tower. I think I paid almost 200 in 2006 or whenever I bought my 1st one.

I am very familiar with the original RC-18T, @grgbulldog. Here's my first hobby-grade RC, an RC-18t:
20160803_174003_zpsfl9vza4l.JPG

i just got a teton 2nd hand. its no good stock. the pinion is very small. the motor us very weak. i ordered a cheap brushless set up some lipo batterys and a bigger pinion. i am still waiting for them to show up so ill let you know the results once they arrive and i have them installed up and running

i just got a teton 2nd hand. its no good stock. the pinion is very small. the motor us very weak. i ordered a cheap brushless set up some lipo batterys and a bigger pinion. i am still waiting for them to show up so ill let you know the results once they arrive and i have them installed up and running
so i put brushless 4800kv with 2s and holy crap its sweet.

I know this is old but I just picked up a brand new Teton stock and with a Venom 2s 35c 2000 mah lipo it freaking moves taters. Not really being able to adjust steering EP it’s really quite touchy at that speed though lol. So far I love it but the esc light is not staying on when I change low voltage detection on and off. When I change it it beeps three times and blinks red or green depending if on or off but doesn’t just stay on and everything I’ve seen says they should stay lit. Seems to be working fine. Who knows? Seriously, who knows?

Hi, I'm after a half decent electric truck... I've been looking at the latrax teton as I'm a traxxas fan... Just wondering if any of you know if they are any good??

No, because it's a Traxxas. Buy something decent.

Back