1/16 or smaller NITRO????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCBC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Only ones I can find new on market are the junky meteor or that no name from Alibaba.
Anyone have a NIB X-ray or something else? I've looked all over the internet. Id go buggy or stadium truck. Maybe even a road car as long as its a quality piece.

THANKS!

@GCBC first, welcome to RCNT!

I haven't seen a 1/16th scale nitro RC in some time now. One of the more popular ones was the Sportwerks Chaos but that's been discontinued a while now. Maybe you can find something used on eBay or Craigslist.

If you find a "lesser" brand, it might not be a bad thing. Just make sure it has available replacement parts such as suspension arms and actual drive train parts.

Theres a few Sportwerks on ebay right now. The one I had was a cool little rig for sure.

Screenshot_20180429-170722.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180429-170722.png
    Screenshot_20180429-170722.png
    936.9 KB · Views: 143
If you find a "lesser" brand, it might not be a bad thing. Just make sure it has available replacement parts such as suspension arms and actual drive train parts.

Theres a few Sportwerks on ebay right now. The one I had was a cool little rig for sure.

That’s my concern. Over the years anytime I bought one of the cheap brand vehicles or planes I was always disappointed and since these toys are cheap it’s always been worth it to spend the extra 50-100$ for the “better” product to me. I’d end up frustrated w it because I’d be replacing suspension and fighting every single connection to Garry and get the slop and play out of the steering and other joints everywhere.

I want to avoid used unless it comes from the forum and the bench of an experienced and respected member. I avoid CL like the plague.

I wonder if I’d be able to relatively easily put in a nitro to a 1/16 buggy? If we were talking normal sized it wouldn’t be an issue but the packaging I’m sure is very tight. There are some top notch 1/14 buggies out there that would also be really really fun w a .15 don’t you think

I'm sure it would be doable if you have the skills to make an engine plate and whatnot. Real estate will be the main issue and finding a bell/spur combo that will work/mesh that fits.

Those really small ones ran really small engines in them, smaller than a .12 or .10. Not the most reliable or fun to mess with.

I bought a 1:16 Scale RC Car. It is a cheap one but works great now. I am the newbie on this, can't provide more help. sorry. rc cars.jpg

Ecxeed Blur was one of the last ones made.

Back