1/16 or smaller NITRO????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

GCBC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Only ones I can find new on market are the junky meteor or that no name from Alibaba.
Anyone have a NIB X-ray or something else? I've looked all over the internet. Id go buggy or stadium truck. Maybe even a road car as long as its a quality piece.

THANKS!

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
@GCBC first, welcome to RCNT!

I haven't seen a 1/16th scale nitro RC in some time now. One of the more popular ones was the Sportwerks Chaos but that's been discontinued a while now. Maybe you can find something used on eBay or Craigslist.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
If you find a "lesser" brand, it might not be a bad thing. Just make sure it has available replacement parts such as suspension arms and actual drive train parts.

Theres a few Sportwerks on ebay right now. The one I had was a cool little rig for sure.

sv250

RCNT Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Screenshot_20180429-170722.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180429-170722.png
    Screenshot_20180429-170722.png
    936.9 KB · Views: 129

GCBC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
If you find a "lesser" brand, it might not be a bad thing. Just make sure it has available replacement parts such as suspension arms and actual drive train parts.

Theres a few Sportwerks on ebay right now. The one I had was a cool little rig for sure.

That’s my concern. Over the years anytime I bought one of the cheap brand vehicles or planes I was always disappointed and since these toys are cheap it’s always been worth it to spend the extra 50-100$ for the “better” product to me. I’d end up frustrated w it because I’d be replacing suspension and fighting every single connection to Garry and get the slop and play out of the steering and other joints everywhere.

I want to avoid used unless it comes from the forum and the bench of an experienced and respected member. I avoid CL like the plague.

I wonder if I’d be able to relatively easily put in a nitro to a 1/16 buggy? If we were talking normal sized it wouldn’t be an issue but the packaging I’m sure is very tight. There are some top notch 1/14 buggies out there that would also be really really fun w a .15 don’t you think

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm sure it would be doable if you have the skills to make an engine plate and whatnot. Real estate will be the main issue and finding a bell/spur combo that will work/mesh that fits.

Those really small ones ran really small engines in them, smaller than a .12 or .10. Not the most reliable or fun to mess with.

squirrell..

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 1:16 Scale RC Car. It is a cheap one but works great now. I am the newbie on this, can't provide more help. sorry. rc cars.jpg

>BD

RCNT Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ecxeed Blur was one of the last ones made.