1/16 E-Revo backflips break ring gear. Can I get better ones than stock?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Gray

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My son and I built a 3 foot high jump in the house and quickly realised we would be doing back flips in no time. After mastering the single we had to try double backflips and sure enough the car will do them. The landing is hard on the gears. Wondering if I can buy better than stock gears or if that is all that is out there? I have looked and only come up with the 7079 ring and pinion set up. We just broke our first ring gear today after three days of major back flipping. Thanks for the help.

your best bet in this case is to try to avoid landing the truck while still on the throttle. Execute your flips and then release the trigger before it lands.

to answer your question, i do not believe they make hardened gears for the truck.

oh yeah. pics or it didn't happen. :hehe:

Thanks for the information. You confirmed a thought I was having, only after we broke the gear. We were definately not letting off due to the fact it takes all the power its got to rotate twice. But I now realise we will have to fine tune our jump angle to help out with the gas situation. We are only running the stock battery set up! This car is really impressive, we never expected the backflips and got the biggest laugh when it started pulling them off. I figured we would break some front suspension parts before any gears. The landings are sometimes super rough.