1:12 scale indoor RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the grandson wants a 1:12 scale indoor RC'er - requested a Schumacher, 1:12 seems to be a more unpopular size, best I can tell and what I can find, I don't think there is any way I can get by Christmas

Even with a 1:12 scale, running indoors will require a bit of room. You'd be better off with a 1/18 scale. And even my 1/18 Dromida is too fast for indoor running. Sometimes if I order from Tower Hobby/Horizon, I get my stuff the next day. Almost always within two days. But they are in Champaign Illinois and it's only 2.5 hours from me. Amain will get stuff out quickly as well if they ship from the North Csrolina warehouse. But both Amain and Tower will also sometimes ship from California, which takes at least 3 or 4 days to reach me. Do you not have a hobby shop within driving distance?

Yeah, I agree with Wicked, 1/12 scale is to big for the house imho. Even my brushed Losi Mini-B and Mini-T that are 1/16 scale are a little to fast for indoors. Although they are fun to drift with in the kitchen or garage :)

I’m gonna get an SCX24 for indoors since it’s small and slow, if your grandson likes crawlers, the SCX24 is the way to go.

But these guys are racing 1:12....I'll double check, but I am sure that is what they said.

now I am concerned that they are running 1:12

No, an indoor track. Shifty's RC Track in Tulsa

1/12 indoor great if you have a mt gym (mt = empty) 1/24 is somewhat ok..

go to track and see if they have a 1/12 sale race..I think 1/12 scale will be a tough tow if ur new..

Well, I popped on it - it obviously will not be here for Christmas, but his birthday is Jan 02, it'll be here by then. Once we put it together I spect we will have to get all of the components to make it run.

Schumacher K192 Eclipse 4 1/12 Circuit Chassis Kit

Attachments

• Schmacher.jpg
    Schmacher.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 33
Well, I popped on it - it obviously will not be here for Christmas, but his birthday is Jan 02, it'll be here by then. Once we put it together I spect we will have to get all of the components to make it run.

Schumacher K192 Eclipse 4 1/12 Circuit Chassis Kit
Good looking car!

Now it gets even more expensive. 1/12th uses specific components, they run on 3.7v 1S lipos, and needs a 1S specific ESC which aren't cheap. I race an Eclipse with a Hobbywing XR10 ESC and Hobbywing motor, and a Sanwa PGS-HR servo which is the most common setup at the tracks I run at.

For those who don't know, this is what 1/12 racing looks like

Well, the grandson wants a 1:12 scale indoor RC'er - requested a Schumacher, 1:12 seems to be a more unpopular size, best I can tell and what I can find, I don't think there is any way I can get by Christmas
Now it gets even more expensive. 1/12th uses specific components, they run on 3.7v 1S lipos, and needs a 1S specific ESC which aren't cheap. I race an Eclipse with a Hobbywing XR10 ESC and Hobbywing motor, and a Sanwa PGS-HR servo which is the most common setup at the tracks I run at.

For those who don't know, this is what 1/12 racing looks like

wow thats nutz.. so cool not for me tho i think you would need to practice for years to do that fast of a track heheh.

Well, I spect I will need some help picking out components.

Back