1/10 stadium truck dragster

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamebredrc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Trying to find a platform that can compete and beat the jato in drag racing. Everyone at the drag place has jatos with mostly os. 21 or some kind of. 21 in them. Looking for a platform that if all is equal can be just as fast or faster running 132-200 ft. Any advice and all knowledge is welcome. Question can a 4wd compete if it has more motor? Please help me out guys. Thanks

Do they do electric vs nitro races?

Yeah but I'm talking nitro. I have a motor that is stronger from top to bottom than any. 21 but need a platform to beat jatos. Thanks again

K. Just sayin any set up brushless electric will stomp out a nitro any day.

You would probably chew a bit of HP running power to all four wheels which may in-turn level the playing field and explain why everyone is running Jatos.

The other thing is that Stadium trucks are used for off road so will be build a bit stonger which means they are more heavy.

You could take out the front drive shafts, remove some weight (holes through the chassis?) and see how you go.

Other issue you may have is gearing . . . stadium trucks are used for offroad so you will have lots of gear choices for lower speeds and high torque but probably less for top speed . . .

Then there is wind drag - a Jato is stream-lined where a statium truck has a bigger body so you need to push that through the air.

Not saying it can't be done - in fact, prefer to be different - go for it.

Can you use a Slash Slayer?

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try and use my dst as my platform. I'm gonna try it in 4wd first then see how fast I run with 2wd. And I'm gonna try both set ups with and without a 2 speed.If that doesn't work gonna try a firestorm and mod a 2 speed tranny to it.

Back