Oops, I did it again!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Attended an rc race today to benefit local Torc Series driver Matt Gerald. Great turnout, with silent auctions, bucket raffles, paddle raffles, and 50/50 raffles. A great addition to a great turnout, Cj Greaves organized much of it, and co-announced it with Torc Series announcer Cheyne Statenzy. It was also great to see an appearance by Johnny Greaves, and Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings popped in to check it out too!

As I usually do when I go to a benefit, I pulled money from the bank with the intention of spending it all at the benefit. Today was no exception. I pulled $100 cash (more than I could really afford), and charged my entry fee. Part of each entry was donated, and all earnings from food and raffles were donated.

I started off with the 50/50 raffles, which the would hold the drawings each time they hit $100. I put down $10 per raffle for the first three, and won $50 on the third. Then for one of the paddle raffles, they had a Losi XXX-SCB. Each paddle was $5, so I put down $20 right away. I've been wanting one for a long time. I didn't win it, but a friend did. He didn't want it. What did he do? He gave it back to raffle again! 60 paddles for $5, $300 for the first time around. This time I chucked in $30, still had a chance to win it, and I did!

Just lucky I guess! :D

IMG_1713.jpg

Johnny Greaves autographed my TLR 22 buggy body!
IMG_1714.jpg

Nice Man!!! the SCB drives great.....will that make the deal on your SCT any better than it is????LOL

Nice Man!!! the SCB drives great.....will that make the deal on your SCT any better than it is????LOL

Nope. Closed the sale on the XXX-SCT. I'm fitting it with the electronics from the SCB, and letting my wife race it. I may convert it to a SCB as well. This SCB is getting fit with a 17.5 so I can race it.

Congrats, Alien. One day one of us is might actually win....

I find it rather disturbing that you want to rub me, but if I've had enough alcohol, I might be willing. :hehe:

lol...dont worry ..i wont go any lower ..i dont swing that way ...lol..and its supposed to bring good luck when you rub the Buddha's belly .....and with the luck you have , I'm willing to take the risk ..lol..as long as its not to hairy :p:...

i was just thinking ..maybe its your wife who brings you all that luck ....i can rub her belly instead :D

Back