Ericke1's Speed Demon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tweaked the e-revo a bit before delivery.

Data recorder strapped in.

642561143_zGYgg-XL.jpg

First run with not fully charged Zippy packs. Very good results as confirmed by the recorder. Taking out two spikes we had an average of 2,050 max watts, 105 amps max , and low voltage of 18.5 volts. Average mah used was 220mah per minute, which will give an easy 20 minutes of runtime. Max rpms were 45K, taking out two 51K spikes for a calculated top speed of approx 56 mph.

Second run with Turnigy packs, fully charged. These packs advertise 30C constant discharge. Max watts was 2,385 watts :whhooo:. Max rpm was 51,700 (threw out a 56K spike) for a calculated top speed of 65 mph. The run was cut short by a shifted motor mount. I then stripped out the screw on the mount when I put the motor back in place. I ran out and picked up a new mount from the LHS and will go back out for one more test run before the night is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet looking build. I've been wanting an E-Revo myself to switch over to a brushless setup.

Sweet looking build. I've been wanting an E-Revo myself to switch over to a brushless setup.

Get one, you won't regret it. :D

No more testing tonight. Put on the new mount and noticed the spur was wobbly. Looked a little closer and apparently one of the clutch shoes blew out. How'd that happen? :\

Attachments

• IMGP1433.JPG
    IMGP1433.JPG
    432 KB · Views: 136
Get one, you won't regret it. :D

No more testing tonight. Put on the new mount and noticed the spur was wobbly. Looked a little closer and apparently one of the clutch shoes blew out. How'd that happen? :\

Too fast for its own good, lets get higher quality shoes so no maintenance

I see what the problem is and it's my own fault. :angry: I did not loctite the screws that secure the spur and one backed out. That gave just enough space for the shoe to be flung out. Who knows how long I was running on just 2 shoes?!?!?

I'll get a fresh set of shoes, or better ones if any are available.

Was kind of surprised with all the $ and effort you've put into this thing to see you running a radio with a telescoping antenna.

Sweet ass ride though! You will need to get in the 2.4Ghz club to actually be able to see the top speed of that thing! With your radio you may hit the end of your range before your tires explode!

I agree, Erick would benefit from a better radio. In the first few tests I would get glitching at the end of the parking lot. I get no glitching at all when I run my DSM radio in the same parking lot.

I see what the problem is and it's my own fault. :angry: I did not loctite the screws that secure the spur and one backed out. That gave just enough space for the shoe to be flung out. Who knows how long I was running on just 2 shoes?!?!?

I'll get a fresh set of shoes, or better ones if any are available.

I took the clutch assembly apart and it looks like the loose spur screw had nothing to do with the clutch shoe failure. The clutch design applies even pressure across all three shoes. The other shoes look like they were on their way out also. During initial testing I had let the clutch slip too much and probably burned up the shoes.

The data recorder showed that the voltage output of the BEC on the MMM often dipped below 5.5 volts. So, the truck will definitely benefit from using an external BEC to supply a constant 6V to the receiver/servos. I'll be re-installing the BEC hidden in the servo case.

642766121_HQ6A7-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

Now that the Novak setup has been canned it might stand a chance against mine.:stick:

Nice!

Now that the Novak setup has been canned it might stand a chance against mine.:stick:

I heard through a reliable source that after you saw this car in action you went on vacation....dont worry Rob there will always be room in 2nd place :)

Was kind of surprised with all the $ and effort you've put into this thing to see you running a radio with a telescoping antenna.

Sweet ass ride though! You will need to get in the 2.4Ghz club to actually be able to see the top speed of that thing! With your radio you may hit the end of your range before your tires explode!

We were trying to use what parts we had in stock and othes we had in the tool box..when finances permit that will be the next upgrade, we have to give Rob some edge

Nice!

The MMM is running 50% punch control. There's still plenty of untapped power. :shhh:

Some farewell shots before I send her back to her owner. It's been a fun project, I'm gonna miss ya. :D

644655132_RybnJ-XL.jpg
644651939_fQE5R-XL.jpg
644654442_Q5G8t-XL.jpg
644650679_E5uY7-XL.jpg
644651348_AKreu-XL.jpg
644653192_QRiBZ-XL.jpg

That's a killer truck Erick. Have fun with it bro!

I will and I am so grateful that this community exists and that Electric Gurus like Sweet Diesel help people, otherwise I wouldnt be here with a faster truck than Robmob....hee hee:hehe:

This is going to be an example to me to help someone else on this forum soon....

I know that this thread is old but, you have one SWEET e-revo there buddy.. .i have the exact same wheels and tires on my nitro revo.

There it is again. The second fastest ERevo on RCNT.

Just think Ericke1, the only person who remembers who got second is the guy who got second.

Also, second place means you were the first to lose.

Back