SCX Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or you could go with a 1.9 rim, but go with a taller 1.9 tire, this would give you something between a regular 1.9 and a 2.2

hmmmm very true

perhaps a 2.2 mudslinger.... those run short anyway

ok i have decided on 2.2 mud slingers.

next question. to beadlock or not to beadlock.......
I won't be getting any high dollar beadlocks if i go that route. perhaps some 8 shooters or something

Got some axial beadlocks I'm not using, if u got anything i need for the 350 build.......

yes sir. but bought from lhs for the slash, but wont hold a bl bead. so it was pretty much like a $75 set of shelf rims.

yes sir. but bought from lhs for the slash, but wont hold a bl bead. so it was pretty much like a $75 set of shelf rims.

Ouch on a stick!! if i go beadlocks, i want a little different design. $45 gets a full set of 8 shooters.

I may just run the 1.9's till i save up for a nice 2.2 setup. Still waiting to sell these dang components. bah

i am stuck now. I was all set on this scx build as my muddin truck. Then i call up chip to talk about beadlocks and trucks and whatnot and he tells me about the wheely king he is setting up to come bash with us in a few weeks. I start thinking about it and what better truck to setup as a pure mudder other than a wheely king. They are very cheap as a roller and i already have my electronics on order. I was disappointed that the XL5 can't use a 3S lipo but i guess 2S will have to get the job done.

Now i am thinking i should switch gears and go with a sweet high wheelspeed wheely king to thrash in the mud with.

I personally don't like the wheely king, to me it is just a scaled down electric monster truck, and they just don't look at all scale to me no matter what you do. The axles are wider, the chassis is nothing at all like a scale truck. So if you want a scaler, I would stick with the scx10, if you want a smaller monster truck, go with the wk.

I'll reimburse you for your lotto tickets if you want to send it to me :D

I still like my wheely king, with a few mods it's a fun truck! As for mud tires, you will have a hard time finding something better than the mud slingers or Red Rocks!

water-wk.gif

log-crawling.gif

I thought about it some more and i am going to go with the wheely king. It just makes more sense for what i want to do. I ordered the wheely king roller, 2x HD ring and pinions, maximizer lockers, and 3 bags of deans for 208 shipped. I am going to use the XL5 esc and 2075 servo on it to make it waterproof. I plan to get a set of 7.2V nimh's as well.

All i need now is a cheapy stock radio.

time for a new thread i guess. I suppose i will post the scx fs when i get it in. :(

scx>WK all day

just put a 12 turn in it or something if u want some wheelspeed

I like the big silly monster truck flopping around in the mud. The muddin videos just look like a blast online

Last edited by a moderator:
weak.

wk build already in the works....

Weak!?! I'll reimburse you for your lotto tickets, AND pay the trip :D

i gotta pay off this WK now. :D
probably list it for 200 plus shipping. going start the WK build thread now. woot

I think wheely kings are weak, I would kill for a scx10 you got lucky, and I may be alone on this but I think it's kind of dickish to win it then decide to sell it before you get it...

Back