TRX Sport battery info

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepaw18

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just picked up a TRX Sport and its my first crawler. Its completely stock from what I can tell. I going to start tearing it apart and refreshing it. My question along with alot of others. Can I just simply change the connector on the ESC to a EC5 connector for me to be able to use my 3S lipo batteries I already have to run. Thanks

Last edited:
Yes. But on the ESC, not the motor. :)

Yes but on the esc. Make sure the esc can do 3s.
If its a regular xl5 brushed, it can't do 3s. Only 2s max.
If it is the XL5-HV than it can do 3s. But that doesn't mean that the motor is rated for 3s.
Or you can always get TRX to EC5 adapters off of amazon. I use the adapters. So far they are going good. They get a little hot when running them hard.
I would rather just solder on a new EC5 connector for a more direct connection.

Yes. But on the ESC, not the motor. :)
That's what I meant to say. But thanks for the info
Yes but on the esc. Make sure the esc can do 3s.
If its a regular xl5 brushed, it can't do 3s. Only 2s max.
If it is the XL5-HV than it can do 3s. But that doesn't mean that the motor is rated for 3s.
Or you can always get TRX to EC5 adapters off of amazon. I use the adapters. So far they are going good. They get a little hot when running them hard.
I would rather just solder on a new EC5 connector for a more direct connection.
Ok I will check all of that. TY!!

Just checked it is th XL5HV esc and it says 3s right on it. Wow should have just looked!!

Last edited:

Just checked it is th XL5HV esc and it says 3s right on it. Wow should have just looked!!
Also if I solder on a EC5 connector. Will I be able to run my 5200mah 11.1v 80c lipo batteries. Even if it's brushed.