Hurricane Ian.....Florida

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everybody...
I want to wish everyone in Florida in the path of Ian the best of luck. West coast looks like it will get slammed. Be careful and don't take chances. We are in Orlando and looks like 65 mph and tons of rain. I've heard anywhere from 12-20 inches. Poor people on the coast will be in a blender. God bless.

I'm in Lake Placid, gonna be on the bad side of the storm. Be safe Mr. Tuna, and everyone especially on the west coast

c0065d0c-3e3c-4ff1-9795-f8e368c1ffdd_1920x1080.jpg

This yalls first? Been through Andrew, and the 3 in '04 on.

Chatging lipo on the a.m. might throw the brushed setup in the 10.2 That should give me a long run time.
@NCNitro, a great time to build an scx10. 😁🤔

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣...hahaahhaha...NO!

I grew up in Florida, I have been through more than I can count. I've even been in one when I was living on long island. 4 in 2004 (jeanne, francis, charlie, and wilma) all in one summer, all four the eye passed almost right over us, one was a direct hit. During Andrew I was living in Broward, we got hit pretty hard with that one, nowhere near as bad as Hialeah, homestead, Kendall. I would guess throughout my life I've been through 20ish.
I actually have a custom clod bodied scaler I've been working on on an scx10 chassis. But I'm currently in the middle of a complete tear down and rebuild of my og maxx so the scx10 has been on the back burner. So as long as I have power I have something to occupy my time.

I can't remember all. Since 1990 all that hit Orlando or Kissimmee I been through, even the Tornadoes in 98 was all around me. The one in 2017 or so, I was weedeating the yard in winter park during the rain. Just an extended thunderstorm is all it was.

I'm more worried of the ground collapsing or opening up.

Chatging lipo on the a.m. might throw the brushed setup in the 10.2 That should give me a long run time.
Hey Chu...
Been through several. Been in this house for 47 yrs. Block house so it holds up good.

My brother lives in Orlando. Hope y'all stay safe and don't have to go through too much crap like power outages. I go completely nuts when I don't have power.
Thanks for the jinx. 🤔😁
Genetator was just maintained yesterday. I got a truck with a cracked block, thats my escape with the ac.

Wonder if I ever ran into him or did work for him and never knew it. 🤔 life can be crazy like that.

With my luck, I would run the leave blower in the wrong direction and go with the flow of the hurricane and make it worse. I would feel terrible. :p

My brother said they are predicting 25" of rainfall where he lives. I couldn't imagine that much rain in a short span. My whole city would be a flood zone. Please keep us posted guys.
Wonder if I ever ran into him or did work for him and never knew it. 🤔 life can be crazy like that.
Hard to say. Here's his ugly mug...
Screenshot_20220928-142424_Facebook.jpg

I was able to pick up some supplies.

20220928_151245.jpg

Well the current track puts the eye passing directly over my house.
I heard they have a 3 hour clear window during the eye.

Usps dropped of axial smt axles and rear extended body mount. Those are for my 10.2.

Last edited:
Back